Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Very disapointing >

Very disapointing

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Very disapointing

Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had no intention of casting doubt on the effects of EHD in NJ. I even suggested that he report his observation to the DEP since there was no reference to the current outbreak of EHD on the NJ DEP website.

I referenced the high antlerless allocations in 5C simply to point out that high antlerless harvests year after year can have a greater effect on the herd than sporadic outbreaks of EHD.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
I had no intention of casting doubt on the effects of EHD in NJ. I even suggested that he report his observation to the DEP since there was no reference to the current outbreak of EHD on the NJ DEP website.

I referenced the high antlerless allocations in 5C simply to point out that high antlerless harvests year after year can have a greater effect on the herd than sporadic outbreaks of EHD.
This mornings Morning Call, A danielsville farmer who raises deer lost 89 of his deer to EHD through the month of august. Its on the front page. Thats just on the other side of the mountain from me.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the link to the article on EHD in PA.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/outdoors...,6463707.story .

Since the experts claim EHD is only transmitted by midges,it is surprising that the farmer lost so many deer while there was no significant reports of the loss of wild deer in the surrounding area.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the link to the article on EHD in PA.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/outdoors...,6463707.story .

Since the experts claim EHD is only transmitted by midges,it is surprising that the farmer lost so many deer while there was no significant reports of the loss of wild deer in the surrounding area.
I would think those deer were in confined to a small area.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

But didn't the experts say that EHD isn't transmitted from deer to deer and that it was only transmitted by the midges? If that were true there should have been significant impacts in other areas of 5C and 5D with high deer densities.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default Its official!

Reports from my property are, no deer, no deer and no deer. A couple of doe pics in 2 weeks. No real sign or prints on our property in 2 weeks!! Looks like I'm hunting somewhere else this year.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:19 PM
Typical Buck

But didn't the experts say that EHD isn't transmitted from deer to deer and that it was only transmitted by the midges? If that were true there should have been significant impacts in other areas of 5C and 5D with high deer densities.
The midges dont have to look very hard for a deer to infect when you have 89 of them trapped in a pen.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:07 AM
DV1
Spike

We got hit pretty hard with it in Salem county too, some areas wiped out. I have several cameras running with little to no activity.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Don't worry, Obama care will take care of it.