Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Mentored Youth Doe >

Mentored Youth Doe

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mentored Youth Doe

Old 08-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

But the folks that will abuse the season will not follow game laws anyway.
Exactly. Poaching ain't new.

Too many commies on here wanting big brother to outlaw anything and everything to try to control our behavior.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

There will always be poachers, but why make it easy for them? There will always be slob hunters, but why start them out as one. Hell, why don't you petition for a fenced in hunt for underage hunters. Yes, there is always people willing to tell others what to do. People like you. People like me obey the game laws and slowly over the years become second class hunters because everybody else is "Special". Why should your kids be special? Why should somebody in the military be able to shoot what ever they want? There was always doe tags reserved for people in the military and that is fair , but shoot what you want? Why should junior hunters be able to shoot what they want. Are there that many disabled junior hunters out there? Do you really think that dragging them out there before they are 12 will guarantee they will become hunters? A lot of them will quit by the time they are 20 years old unless they have a really good private place to hunt. I hunt public land. Over the years I see less and less people in there late teens and early 20's. I hunt West Virginia every year and it is the same thing. Youth early doe hunt. Take the kids to state land and hammer it and then go to their private little honey hole during regular season. I don't see kids on the mountains down there during buck season. I have rarely seen the benefit of handing kids everything and it is worse with adults. I and everybody my age could not wait to go hunting when we were younger. We went along and carried the rabbits and pheasants before we were old enough and had a good time. It is a shame that the youth of today have to be coerced into doing everything. If it has come to that, than maybe hunting has run its course.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, your kids can sit inside and play video games. Mine are going hunting with me.