Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Cougar killed in ct >

Cougar killed in ct

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cougar killed in ct

Old 07-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year in the area of far NorthWestern NJ where I hunt people claimed they saw a large cat, who knows it could of been this cat !!!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
You didnt answer my questions.

If you called for a WCO then it was reported to the regional office.
i CALLED regional office.then they gave me the WCO number.

if WCO said he investigated the cougar sighting,IT SHOULD BE IN RECORDS, I ASSUME.
if WCO does not come out and investigate ,DOES HE TELL REGIONAL OFFICE WHY HE DID NOT?

hey, i am not trying to get something started only stating what happen.
i could have went back to reg office but when local WCO said they DONT EXIST.i dropped it.

that is TRUTH and nothing but TRUTH.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
i CALLED regional office.then they gave me the WCO number.

if WCO said he investigated the cougar sighting,IT SHOULD BE IN RECORDS, I ASSUME.
if WCO does not come out and investigate ,DOES HE TELL REGIONAL OFFICE WHY HE DID NOT?

hey, i am not trying to get something started only stating what happen.
i could have went back to reg office but when local WCO said they DONT EXIST.i dropped it.

that is TRUTH and nothing but TRUTH.
You didnt drop anything here it is 18 years later and your still squaking about it.

Sorry I dont buy it... in 1993 they were not giving out the WCO's numbers. It was working the way it works today, you call in leave your info and the WCO call you back.

Some things I investigate over the phone, some require me to go to the scene. Not every call requires a WCO to show up.

And you still didnt answer the question... Why would a self proclaimed woodsman like yourself need a WCO to get a cast of a track or some photos????

Last edited by WCO R.W.J; 07-29-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
Sorry I dont buy it... in 1993 they were not giving out the WCO's numbers. It was working the way it works today, you call in leave your info and the WCO call you back.

Some things I investigate over the phone, some require me to go to the scene. Not every call requires a WCO to show up.

And you still didnt answer the question... Why would a self proclaimed woodsman like yourself need a WCO to get a cast of a track or some photos????

well, i can see you want to keep giving me jab.no use continuing.
i REPORTED IT,NOTHING WAS DONE OR FOLLOWED UP AS FAR AS I KNOW.WCO SAID THEY DONT EXIST AND GROUND IS TOO HARD .

to me, seeing cougar should have been a very important report to PGC, dont you think so?
from a person that DESCRIBED a cougar to its go-tee and told,YOU DID DESCRIBE A YOUNG COUGAR BUT THEY DONT EXIST.local wco CONFIRMED that.

dont you think for 1 minute that if WCO said I DESCRIBED a cougar,told him who i was and hunter in woods all time from hunting family and holding a high position in business,respected in community,in other words, NOT A AMISH NUT CASE .

dont you think that would be enough to not say THEY DONT EXIST.
witness that was with me ,daylight and 15ft away?

it shocked me what i saw.nothing i have ever seen in woods.that close i was shocked and when i talked to wco,i said, YOU MAY LAUGH BUT IT WAS ORANGISH COLOR TINT AND GROWLED AT ME AND RAN AWAY LIKE ONE OF THOSE MONKEYS IN AFRICA.. PULLING ITS LEGS IN BACK FORWARD FAST WITH THAT LONG TAIL TWISTING BEHIND IT.

i guess most would say, orangeISH color, you are nut BUT WCO DID NOT SAY THAT. HE SAID, SPROUL THATS CALLED TAWNY.
saying it GROWLED,most would say, YOUR NUT.
but it DID GROWL.

trust me, head on cougar was small compared to width of those shoulders.
shoulders were wide.

why even tell you. you take same view as PGC has for years.

but 1 thing you or pgc cannot take away from me is what i saw.

again, if you had a call or made call and described cougar to you which you said, YES YOU DESCRIBED ONE ,NOT SAW ONE,HA THATS GOOD WAY WITH WORDS,WOULD YOU HAVE SAID THEY DONT EXIST AND GROUND IS TOO HARD.

in my gun case behind me i have a centineel 357 pistol from PGC. 100 year pistol of PGC.only so many got this pistol, i did
that is how much i liked the PGC .

but i dont like them anymore but i would NEVER make up story or get wco in trouble with LIE.
what you have read is truth.

maybe next cougar i may see you can come out and show me how to make print.then maybe respect i had for PGC could comeback some .
Old 07-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

and you still didnt answer the question......
Old 08-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would a self proclaimed woodsman like yourself need a WCO to get a cast of a track or some photos????

Let's imagine sproulman would have went ahead and cast and photographed the tracks. It would be all to easy for everyone to say, "He got that cast from another state", He got a pic of tracks from another state"

If a WCO would have arrived and did the casting and photographing, that would remove all doubt where they came from.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
Why would a self proclaimed woodsman like yourself need a WCO to get a cast of a track or some photos????

Let's imagine sproulman would have went ahead and cast and photographed the tracks. It would be all to easy for everyone to say, "He got that cast from another state", He got a pic of tracks from another state"

If a WCO would have arrived and did the casting and photographing, that would remove all doubt where they came from.
thanks for helping hand.
i had no camera with me and to be honest, i dont know how to pour tracks thing and where you would buy that stuff.

i do carry a camera with me now.
wco i talked too was only about hr away too and i was willing to wait until he came, we had lots of daylight left.

the part that confused me is i thought HE WOULD BE VERY EXCITED. i got a very unexcited responses.
he felt i did DESCRIBE a young cougar but he said they DONT EXIST.ground is too hard.

rwj was a person i thought was ON-BOARD from info he wrote BUT i now believe that HUNTINGPA forum has corrupted him.

also KNOWING that i am life member of USP has soured our relationship.
so, i guess he needs to give me jab every so often.

at least he did not call me a KNOTHEAD like RSB called me when he felt seeing 12 deer in 21 miles WAS A LOT OF DEER and i said,WHAT...................

as paul harvey said, GOOD DAY!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Mr. Sproulman, I am seriously asking you this question with all honesty. Are you obsessed with this cougar thing? Does it keep you up late at night? They are moving East trying to repopulate their species. At some point they go through PA, NY and maybe NJ too? I really think you need to go out west and kill one, wrap your arms around it, bear hug it, pick it off the ground and give it a big smooch on the nose and scream I GOT YOU YOU SOB at the top of your lungs! I think that will take away your OCD thing with the cougars.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by NJheadhunter71
Mr. Sproulman, I am seriously asking you this question with all honesty. Are you obsessed with this cougar thing? Does it keep you up late at night? They are moving East trying to repopulate their species. At some point they go through PA, NY and maybe NJ too? I really think you need to go out west and kill one, wrap your arms around it, bear hug it, pick it off the ground and give it a big smooch on the nose and scream I GOT YOU YOU SOB at the top of your lungs! I think that will take away your OCD thing with the cougars.

sounds good,want to go along?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
I wonder what all the naysayers have to say about this?

http://darien.patch.com/articles/con...outh-dakota-23
dna doesnt lie...i dont find it hard to believe it traveled that far. It is a small world after all.
op...dont let the clowns who are on here baggin on others get you down....most are just ignorant, arrogant fools who think they know it all. so just ducks back it, let it roll off. its cool when ya can stick a sock in their mouth, with dna evidence, thats huge..i'd find the other thread and call em out.
nothin wrong with bein excited about nature....i'll give the cat a hug too when ya get one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.