Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 laws,,, hope every one is happy >

laws,,, hope every one is happy

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

laws,,, hope every one is happy

Old 08-03-2003, 05:37 PM

Default laws,,, hope every one is happy

Yep! It is me again, question How many legal pistol permits are there in NY right now not counting law enforcement etc....?

The answer is kind of scary KEEP PASSING NEW LAWS At this rate we will be hunting with our d**ks
Old 08-03-2003, 06:12 PM

Default RE: laws,,, hope every one is happy

well, lets hear, how many, I know i' m one of them, whats the law in question?
Old 08-03-2003, 08:49 PM

It is just too expensivie down here ( application fees , range fees , renewal fees etc..) it is also too hard to get , It cost a couple of hundred bucks every two years just for a rifle and shotgun permit .I am moving up north in a couple of weeks maybe I will try up there if it is not too expensivie
Old 08-04-2003, 06:11 AM

I believe it is around 3600, but they are trying to pass some more laws so it will even be harder to get the pistol permit. I just wonder how many crack heads own pistols(illegally) compared to us honest hunters. Maybe instead of busting the law abidding citizens chops the state should quit giving these criminals 2nd and 3rd chances.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:28 AM

3600, NO, I live in erie county and we have that many and more right here,
I carry my pistol all the time, and so do most of my friends, I would rather have it,
and not need it, and not have it, my permit say' s i can carry anywhere except
the 5 boroughs pf new york city, which is fine with me, dont plan on going there anyway, and one other interesting note, this permit is for life, were is a uncle of
mine in virgina has to renew his every 4 years, but I know your figures are wrong,
and wont be giving up any of my guns untill they pry my cold dead fingers from
around them, and if the 2 demacrtic u.s. senators from n.y. want my guns, have at it, come and try, [:@]
Old 08-04-2003, 06:47 AM

Norsemen sorry, I believe that was how many they issued last year. I' m trying to find the article about it (I lost it) They did say they were going to make it harder for people to get the permit[:@] It is probably a good thing that you have yours because with the new laws it is going to get harder and harder to get one.

Here is a question why do we have the stupid arse law in the first place? You can just as easily kill with a rifle, knife, baseball bat, or car.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:55 AM

one other note to the above, if you dont allready have a pistol permit in N.Y.,
every day you wait to get one, your odds decrease, manly because of the idiots
the residents of n.y. voted in, like hilary, and chuckie boy, who are so anti gun,
it' s unreal,, but a permit is not hard to get, everyone thinks it is, but if your one
of those people that voted for the mentioned 2, you dont deserve a permit,
because you shot your self in the foot,
Old 08-05-2003, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' d bet its more like 360,000. I don' t know how we' d ever know for sure. Most of my friends have one. I' ve had mine for 15 years, It doesn' t cost anything one you apply.

Old 08-06-2003, 10:39 AM

i think actually it does now, someone told me resently, some kind of federal finger
printing fee, FBI or ATF, fee, was told it' s about 75 bucks, but that just might be on what county you live in, if you have ever been convicted of an feliony or a
resent DUI, or a past domestic violance, you can kiss it good bye, dont waste
your money and apply, you will never get one,,
Old 08-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

County Judge is my next door neighbor No problemo for me. But I believe that we have all these laws because of NYC, and we must share in their woes. Dont get me wrong, Im not bashing the city. It would be hard to imagine the issues the state has without NYC being here.

Quick Reply: laws,,, hope every one is happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.