Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Amish mentoured hunting rule >

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Old 05-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Gino
>there also is pic of amish dad with kids going hunting but i cant find it.

Doubt you will find such a picture. The Amish decline to be photographed.
You are 100 percent right! You beat me to it!
Old 05-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

We got lots of pictures of Amish at the Balt Trad Classic (primitive shoot) this weekend.

I didn't ask them to pose, but nobody said anything. They just happened to be in the picture.

Again, WV Gino, shows how he knows very little.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WV Gino
>there also is pic of amish dad with kids going hunting but i cant find it.

Doubt you will find such a picture. The Amish decline to be photographed.

I have seen alot of hatred of the Amish over the last ten years from hunters and
suspect it is rooted in the fact that this group hunts hard, harder than most all hunters. The hunters who are keeping a bar stool warm by noon on the first day of rifle are no doubt upset that this group is still out there shooting "their" deer.

WV Gino
no, i saw picture.just cant remember if it was on here on on huntingpa forum.i think huntingpa forum but not sure but i saw picture.
he did have his back to camera.

Last edited by sproulman; 05-16-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BCRules
We got lots of pictures of Amish at the Balt Trad Classic (primitive shoot) this weekend.

I didn't ask them to pose, but nobody said anything. They just happened to be in the picture.

Again, WV Gino, shows how he knows very little.
i have pics of amish that put roof on my home.if they said anything about it ,i never heard it.
they saw me taking pics.
also amish build the FIREPLACES and their pics are on tv and in my fireplace.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rules

I really don't read the rules that don't pertain to me, but when I was a kid my cousins and I all went along small game hunting. None of us were old enough to hunt, but we walked along through the brush and carried the birds and rabbits. I remember seeing something like this pop up in "The Game News" years ago and if you lived on a farm tilling so- many acres, you do not need a license. Also those kids could start hunting whenever because they did not need a license. I am not repeating this or making it up. The law may have changed now but that is what it used to be. Kids on a junior license could hunt alone if on their own property. When you get into farms there are some strange rules.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

WOW.....I thought this topic was about mentored hunts.Low and behold now I am well versed on who pays what taxes.Ya just never know what kind of pertinent hunting info you will learn on here.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

I plan to write a book called "US laws and other facts, provided by HuntingNet.com members". It will be a best seller and I am sure it will be used at the Harvard school of Law. Can anyone here tell me who shot JFK, I need it for chapter 7.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I heard the PGC is releasing the Amish into the wild to kill all the deer to protect the lumber industry.... My cousins friends wife saw a tractor trailer loaded with them coming from out west, they are trapping them out there and releasing them in PA! Next time you see one see if it has a tracking collar or a tattoo on it.

Last edited by Bionicrooster; 06-12-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:29 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BCRules
Again, you talk of what you have no clue about. Most everyone I know kills mostly if not all with a bow. I do not hunt with or even know any that "keeping the bar stool warm" as you say. You rarely will see amish hunt with a bow. More of a lazy hunter. I shot all weekend with amish at the Baltimore Trad Classic, (primitive bow shoot). They like the primitive bows, but they even tell me, they rarely hunt with em.

NW PA, alot of the Amish hunt the archery season...
Old 06-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default Bionicrooster

You are not far off with your description. It is common to see a flatbed truck full of Amish go from mountain to mountain and push deer. They(Amish) won't drive a truck, but have no aversion to riding in one. If I see a truck load pull up this season I will check the truck door to see if it has the Game Commission logo on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.