Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Amish mentoured hunting rule >

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Amish mentoured hunting rule

Old 06-28-2011, 04:50 AM
Fork Horn

Wow...all I have to say is "Look who's calling the kettle black".... Those who are badmouthing the Amish, you really think you are any better than them? You've got a wake up call coming....

By the way there are different sects of Amish...
Old 07-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by turkeygirl2
Wow...all I have to say is "Look who's calling the kettle black".... Those who are badmouthing the Amish, you really think you are any better than them? You've got a wake up call coming....

By the way there are different sects of Amish...
they can have 100 sects for all I care...the fact that they refuse to honor the flag or serve the country that feeds them, and protects them..that offers the freedoms they DIDN'T have in Europe..well, as a Vet..I AM better than them... a better citizen of the country we're standing in. They must have read a different Bible than I did, cuz mine says to "render to Ceasar that which is Ceasars'"...meaning: pay your taxes, leeches.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Self-employed Amish do not pay Social Security tax. Those employed by non- Amish employers do pay Social Security tax. The Amish do pay real estate, state and federal income taxes, county taxes, sales tax, etc. The Amish do not collect Social Security benefits, nor would they collect unemployment or welfare funds. Self sufficiency is the Amish community's answer to government aid programs. Section 310 of the Medicare section of the Social Security act has a sub-section that permits individuals to apply for exemption from the self-employment tax if he is a member of a religious body that is conscientiously opposed to Social Security benefits but that makes reasonable provision of taking care of their own elderly or dependent members. The Amish have a long history of taking care of their own members. They do not have retirement communities or nursing homes; in most cases, each family takes care of their own, and the Amish community gives assistance as needed.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bionicrooster
I heard the PGC is releasing the Amish into the wild to kill all the deer to protect the lumber industry.... My cousins friends wife saw a tractor trailer loaded with them coming from out west, they are trapping them out there and releasing them in PA! Next time you see one see if it has a tracking collar or a tattoo on it.