Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Turkey updates in New England? >

Turkey updates in New England?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Turkey updates in New England?

Old 04-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default Turkey updates in New England?

I scored a Jake on opening morning here in southern Massachusetts. The weather hasn't been helping me try to fill my second tag. I was wondering who else in New England is hunting turkey and what the success has been. I think Maine doesn't open until Monday but not sure about the other states. Any report would be helpful.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, our season opens up Monday and this Saturday for youths. I have been seeing a lot of birds up here. The area I am in just opened up for it's first season ever so I am hoping for a large tom.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Fork Horn

Old 05-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I nailed a nice tom this morning..
Old 05-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

congrats phil, thats a nice bear, here in VT the birds aren't really talking i had a few going on sunday but they were henned up and monday not even one gobble, back at coolege now till saturday then ill be out every day till the end of the season
Old 05-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice bird Phil...
I took a jake this past Sat in MA... the only MA bird I have had a shot at this season.
Took nice tom on NY opener...
Old 05-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys! That tom was 20.5 lbs. I have had an on again off again season so far with calling them. I am currently having the best results using the cutter calling with a few short yelps. But even then it is skechy, today with all the wind and rain I decided to drive the pipeline which runs from the Canadian border here to Old Town. It's along stretch and I saw close to twenty birds with 90% of them being hens. I did over shoot a large tom about like the one I shot yesterday. I shot at it while it was running down hill and over shot it about a foot or so. I most likely will not be out again until Saturday unless I feel like hunting after a night shift. I might go out and try some calling just the same.

Congrats on the jake even those are hard to see right now.

Good Luck to those who is still hunting them.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

I've hunt both CT & PA and have not shot a bird. In PA we had 5 guys hunting for 5 days and not one bird taken. Whats worse is only one shot opportunity I had called in a Jake but let it walk. In PA the amount of birds has to be WAY down buecause we didn'T see many and they sure were quiet. CT not much better.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Got my first bird of the season this morning. 40 yard shot, worked him for 2 and half hours. he was gobbling the whole time, seemed to be inlove with the slate call. 23 pounds, 9 inch beard inch and 5/8ths and inch and 1/2 spurs. My biggest bird so far
Attached Thumbnails Turkey updates in New England?-myturk.jpg   Turkey updates in New England?-spurs.jpg  
Old 05-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats on that turkey! Deffinately a monster of a bird!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.