Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA mountain lions (govt. putting them in) (lime disease) >

PA mountain lions (govt. putting them in) (lime disease)

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA mountain lions (govt. putting them in) (lime disease)

Old 06-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep no picture, no proof, extinction is proven. RIGHT!!!!
How many game camera's are in the woods? A adult ML must kill a deer a week to stay fed, the kill area is very distinctive.

If the PA, gov't was releasing them and someone gets hurt/killed the lawsuit is going to be huge. tHay have to hold hearings before they take on a project like that.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

i dont believe PGC released cougars. but i do believe they are migrating too pa.
as for cougar eating. i believe also they are eating smaller game than deer. one i saw it was after something and i saw no deer.
i believe it was after a squirreal,just guess because i never saw anything but cougar was running ,then stopped and turned its head and was shocked i was there 15 ft away.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman

wild cougar going over 1,000 miles in 9 months to chicago PROVED what i have been saying for longtime.
According to the IL DNR, there has not been a confirmed sighting of a mountain lion in IL. A few years ago, one was shot and killed in Roscoe Village. Trail cams have pictures. Yet, they claim there has not been a confirmed sighting in the state since the late 1800's early 1900's.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by country1
According to the IL DNR, there has not been a confirmed sighting of a mountain lion in IL. A few years ago, one was shot and killed in Roscoe Village. Trail cams have pictures. Yet, they claim there has not been a confirmed sighting in the state since the late 1800's early 1900's.
if COUGARS are confirmed,then they must protected,regulated, areas set up so they can exist,taken off the extinct list.
GAME COMMISSIONS SEE A BIG PROBLEM IF COUGARS ARE CONFIRMED WILD.
they dont want that.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
if COUGARS are confirmed,then they must protected,regulated, areas set up so they can exist,taken off the extinct list.
GAME COMMISSIONS SEE A BIG PROBLEM IF COUGARS ARE CONFIRMED WILD.
they dont want that.
In IL, mountain lions are considered an invasive species and is not protected. At least, it was not protected as of last year. However, the IL DNR still denies any exist in the state. I guess the one killed by Chicago PD was a phantom.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by country1
In IL, mountain lions are considered an invasive species and is not protected. At least, it was not protected as of last year. However, the IL DNR still denies any exist in the state. I guess the one killed by Chicago PD was a phantom.
we had BLOOD SAMPLE of that cougar that proved it was wild and went over 1,000 miles in 9 months.
he cut his foot in barn from his home state and that was proof that he made trip.

MANY laughed at me when i had reason that its so hard to pin down a cougar seen locally.
they are on move.i really believe they are not eating deer.i feel they are eating smaller animals like rabbits etc.

this may be why dead deer are not being found.