Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA mountain lions (govt. putting them in) (lime disease) >

PA mountain lions (govt. putting them in) (lime disease)

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA mountain lions (govt. putting them in) (lime disease)

Old 06-12-2011, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
do google of cougar hit by car in milford,ct.a cougar was hit by car and killed. no one believed the people that saw it.sort of like pa,THEY DONT EXIST.
one i saw at 15 ft was more TAWNY than that one.

there is your pic
The pic of the mountain lion is on todays CNN web site, along with the story. It was hit by a car in Conn.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
do google of cougar hit by car in milford,ct.a cougar was hit by car and killed. no one believed the people that saw it.sort of like pa,THEY DONT EXIST.
one i saw at 15 ft was more TAWNY than that one.

there is your pic
And that proves all the 1000's of alleged sightings in NY and Pa are true? Has it been determined whether or not the one killed is a wild one or a released/escaped pet? With the number of alleged sightings, you would think we would be dodging them all over the roads - after all they appear to spend little time in the woods where 10's of thousands of trail cams never get a picture.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

when i was 12 fishing with my friend on oil creek.

Oil Creek was a great place to fish above the refineries. Especially around the Rynd Farm area. Grndmother used to live up there in Rouseville. Was raised right up at the top of the hill from that creek. Yes there were mountain lions back then as I saw two or three of them when fishing and hunting. They are still being seen in that area so anyone who says they are exinct needs to look a little harder. VCHS 69
Old 06-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
And that proves all the 1000's of alleged sightings in NY and Pa are true? Has it been determined whether or not the one killed is a wild one or a released/escaped pet? With the number of alleged sightings, you would think we would be dodging them all over the roads - after all they appear to spend little time in the woods where 10's of thousands of trail cams never get a picture.
So just because no one can provide you with a picture it means that they do not exist? to bad but who the heck cares if you believe them or not. When someone did give you a refernce you scoffed at them. So now you know why no one can prove they are there. All becasue you do not believe. Sorry Charlie many more DO believe.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Impossible to prove a negative. The burdan of proof is on those claiming there is a viable WILD population here in the NE. Even better, how about a shred of proof that any state game department has released them - as suggested by the original poster.

Just asking for proof from the 1000's of alleged sightings in the east.
Apparently the ML's in the east are like vampires - they can be seen, but their picture
cannot be taken and they leave no physical (scat, hair, tracks, etc) evidence of any kind.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
So just because no one can provide you with a picture it means that they do not exist? to bad but who the heck cares if you believe them or not. When someone did give you a refernce you scoffed at them. So now you know why no one can prove they are there. All becasue you do not believe. Sorry Charlie many more DO believe.
There has been no determination that I have read about the one in CT as to whether it was wild or a released/escaped pet. Until then, it simply is not proof of wild ML in the NE.

If they are still being seen in Oil Creek after all these years, then there is no reason someone has not gotton some kind of physical eveidence to back it up. Would love to see it posted.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by vapahunter
well said.if the game commissions say they are here,THEY ARE IN FOR A LOT OF HEADACHES.
this may be why they say they are now extinct.then they must PROTECT them and make areas wild for them etc.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

unreal. simply unreal
Old 06-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

5 years ago here in clinton county,pa. we had a lot of sighting.now, i have not got 1 sighting report of cougar, not 1.
isnt that strange too.hmmmmmmmmm.

all of sudden, no sightings.with all gas drilling we should be getting sighting more now.

cougars are not staying put is my opinion what is going on.this is what is making it so hard to get fix on them.

wild cougar going over 1,000 miles in 9 months to chicago PROVED what i have been saying for longtime.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

But you do not havve apicture so you must be wrong. Darn how many people carry a camera with them all the time and are ready to take a picture of a sighting. Yep no picture, no proof, extinction is proven. RIGHT!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.