Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
PA mountain lions (govt. putting them in) (lime disease) >

PA mountain lions (govt. putting them in) (lime disease)

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA mountain lions (govt. putting them in) (lime disease)

Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Ok, so if the dead cougar had a tracking device on it, why would anyone need to ask the farmer where the cougar was?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

i saw young cougar in pottersdale,pa area of western clinton county.all reported to PGC and they said,SPROUL YOU DID DESCRIBE A YOUNG COUGAR TO US BUT WE ARE TOLD TO TELL YOU THEY DONT EXIST.
i was close enough that he did growl at me just like penn state lion does at football games.

color and way it runs will be something that you will never have seen before in woods.

no way it even looks like bobcat.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still no pics?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

I doubt if the Game Commission is stocking cats, although near me in Berks County, the cops and fire companies were trying to run one down that had grabbed a couple pets. They had the tracks and put dogs on it but I never heard of them getting it. It was assumed someones illegal pet got loose. Anyway, if the Commission is stocking, I would not worry about it. The Game Commission has a bad track record with anything they did for the last couple years. In other words, they will screw it up!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:52 AM
Fork Horn

This is always a heated subject in Pa.I dont believe the PGC released any here but I do believe they are here.If 1 sneaks up on me and bites me in the behind I promise I will post a photo.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Everyone is always wanting to see pics. Sure it would be nice and validate a sighting (but then the skeptics would say that it wasn't taken here, there, where ever). Heck, I seen several bears, coyotes and two bobcats that I wish I could have gotten a pic of. But in all honesty, I bet so have many of you. And how many times did you have your camera with you, or have had time to get it out and take a pic?
I'm an optimist. I will not say that there are cougars here or not. And true, eastern cougars are extinct but their western cousin is alive and well and could be migrating east as the coyotes did. And we all know that there are coyotes just about everywhere now whereas 30 years ago they were very rare.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Everyone is always wanting to see pics. Sure it would be nice and validate a sighting (but then the skeptics would say that it wasn't taken here, there, where ever). Heck, I seen several bears, coyotes and two bobcats that I wish I could have gotten a pic of. But in all honesty, I bet so have many of you. And how many times did you have your camera with you, or have had time to get it out and take a pic?
I'm an optimist. I will not say that there are cougars here or not. And true, eastern cougars are extinct but their western cousin is alive and well and could be migrating east as the coyotes did. And we all know that there are coyotes just about everywhere now whereas 30 years ago they were very rare.

very well said.IF PGC WOULD HAVE SHOWED INTEREST IN COUGARS,WE WOULD HAVE HAD PICS.
if i saw one ,you can bet they have.

cougar went 3 states to subs of chicago and was shot by a small town police officer.some said,OH IT WAS TAME CAT.IT WAS SHOT 3 STATES AWAY AND BROUGHT HERE.

well it was WILD CAT AND VERIFIED SHOT IN SMALL SUB NEAR CHICAGO.in fact they shot another one.
this first cat came over 3 states away to chicago.the best part he did it in 9 months.
way over 1,000 miles.all VERIFIED BY US WILDLIFE GROUP.

i remember when i saw my cougar i said, I FEEL THESE CATS ARE GOING FROM STATE TO STATE which is making it hard to keep track of them.

many on here laughed at ole sproul.

i know what i saw.i saw COUGARS tooths on front after he growled at me,THAT IS HOW CLOSE I WAS TO this cougar.

no way in world a bobcat even comes close to looking like cougar.
its like rattlesnake,you will know its not TAME snake when you see a rattler.
Old 06-10-2011, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK - still no pics OR any physical evidence of any kind.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
OK - still no pics OR any physical evidence of any kind.
OK, at least you did not say i did not see a cougar.that IMPROVEMENT
Old 06-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Still no pics?
do google of cougar hit by car in milford,ct.a cougar was hit by car and killed. no one believed the people that saw it.sort of like pa,THEY DONT EXIST.
one i saw at 15 ft was more TAWNY than that one.

there is your pic

Last edited by sproulman; 06-11-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.