Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Rifle hunting in Wyoming County update >

Rifle hunting in Wyoming County update

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifle hunting in Wyoming County update

Old 03-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bighorns35
deer and bear, im all for a balanced herd. do you really think wyoming county is balanced right now?not a clue but I dont see how shortening a season is gonna change anything, theres alot more factors to consider i see you have orange county as yours. you hunt wyoming county no Im happy in orange and rockland, were loaded w/ deer here, got rifles, and the same length seasons as you (I think)? do you realize the rifle passing has nothing to do with hunters,or hunters opurtunity?of course it does, more choices, more opportunity, its simple, why do you want the state to choose your weapon? You like using slug guns over rifles? Not me! all to do with the economy!!how so? and if it helps why not? also,do you hunt everyday you can during the season or do you fase out as it progresses? I deer and duck hunt everyday I can in the fall, I hunt pretty hard with all weapons and I kill alotta game, but im not sure why that matters, should I have more rights than a "weekend warrior" who just wants to get out in the woods a few Xs any maybe get a deer, any deer? He pays the same for his license dont he? Be honest you guys wanna keep this sport, a game for the elites and shut out the lesser players, cause you dont want competition ,youre shooting yourselves in the foot though, theres strength in #s
//////////////////////
Old 04-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

i hunt in illinois 1 week a year. that state has 2 4 day slug seasons and 1 5 day muzzleloader season.as do alot of mid western states. there archery opens about same as ours,and goes till mid jan.have you see the tv shows,or hunt magazines. theres the results of low hunting pressure and a balanced herd. and yes,i would much rather have slug guns then rifles. here in wyoming county we have alot of populated rural communitys rifles in my opinion will be dangerous. with a rifle i could easily shoot deer off of neighboring propertys with ease. i personally only hunt with bow,and muzzleloader for the challenge. the reason this is about the economy is,are county is 1 of the heavily hunted southern countys,so there looking at it that every licensed hunter here will have to go buy a rifle!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hunt in illinois 1 week a year. that state has 2 4 day slug seasons and 1 5 day muzzleloader season.as do alot of mid western states. there archery opens about same as ours,and goes till mid jan.have you see the tv shows,or hunt magazines.in ther lies the problem, you get all your ideas and opinions form the boob tube, that aint the real world my friend theres the results of low hunting pressure and a balanced herd.NY will never be IL no matter what restrictions they impose, look at jersey, 6day gun season and the deer huntings no better and yes,i would much rather have slug guns then riflesreally? expensive ammo, ungodly recoil, poor accuracy, crappy guns to chose from, hey whatever floats your boat. here in wyoming county we have alot of populated rural communitys rifles in my opinion will be dangerous.oh brother is there a myth you wont buy into? I can hit a house w/ a slug at 200 yds too but only if I SHOOT AT IT! besides theres already a statewide law that you cant shoot any weapon within 500ft of a house[/COLOR] with a rifle i could easily shoot deer off of neighboring propertys with ease. i personally only hunt with bow,and muzzleloader for the challenge. bet you scoped that inline ML and use a modern compound oh wow what a challenge! the reason this is about the economy is,are county is 1 of the heavily hunted southern countys,so there looking at it that every licensed hunter here will have to go buy a rifle!damn people spending $$$ again that cant be good!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

db,you missed every point. apparently your the hunter who has only 1 goal in the deer woods and thats to shoot the first deer that comes along.wich is fine,some of us want more. you pick on bows ,but you will shoot a rifle. that makes sense[not].i bet your rifle is SCOPED! HELL OF A CHALLENGE THERE! you have all the answers for an area you have never been too,. stay in orange county
Old 04-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

db,you missed every point. apparently your the hunter who has only 1 goal in the deer woods and thats to shoot the first deer that comes along.wich is fine,some of us want more. the ones missing the point are you and the other elites, You see its not about what I want for myself, thats your deal, Im advocating for more choices for hunters and less govt control of what kind of weapons we can use, I support hunters...period! I support all hunters and gun owners whether I hunt the way they choose or not , Its called seeing the big picture , try it somtimeyou pick on bows ,but you will shoot a rifle. that makes sense[not]WTH are you talking about? I pick on bows? Try reading, Ive said several Xs here I use all weapons, Im an avid bowhunter and I kill some decent deer too. Youre the one who picking on what other choose to shoot, not me..i bet your rifle is SCOPED! HELL OF A CHALLENGE THERE! of course my rifle is scoped just like your "challenging" inline ML is, Im not the one trying to pretend Im "doing it the hard way", Unlike you I have nothing to prove, Ive killed deer as close as right under my stand you have all the answers lhope you learned somthing for an area you have never been too,. stay in orange countyI couldnt care less about WY co. heck I dont even know where that is, Im for hunters rights across the board not state imposed weapons restrictions, if you wanna make it hard fine get a long bow and flinlock and play tarzan but dont impose your TV show ideals and dreams on others
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Old 04-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

and that right there is why new york deer hunting will never be anything but about killing deer and keeping the herd down. that thinking will never allow a heathier herd for all!
Old 04-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

and that right there is why new york deer hunting will never be anything but about killing deer and keeping the herd down. that thinking will never allow a heathier herd for all!
How is the NY deer herd unhealthy? Because theres not a P&Y behind every tree where you live? You think restricting weapons and seasons is gonna make a NE state like a midwest state for deer hunting? It dont work like that. We have great deer hunting in NY we are loaded with deer at least down here and some hunters manage to get a few slammers too, you just live and die by the unrealistic portrayal of deer hunting on these ridiculous shows. Get a clue and stop selling your fellow hunters rights out to the state lawmakers.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting is about killing - otherwise we would carry camera's and go out in the good weather in the summer.

Heathier herd?
Every deer I have ever taken was healthy unless with an older injury. Seen a few sickly ones in the spring where not enough where killed and they are beyond in numbers what the habitat can support.