Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Rifle hunting in Wyoming County update >

Rifle hunting in Wyoming County update

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifle hunting in Wyoming County update

Old 03-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Spike

Default Rifle hunting in Wyoming County update

http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/a...cc4c002e0.html

I love the first comment posted. WHA WHA WHA. I want my crossbow during archery. WHA WHA
Old 03-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Spike

That is good news hope it gets signed.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:26 AM
Fork Horn

terrible new for us local wyoming county hunters,good news for the weekend warriors i guess. let's pass something for the hunters. 9 total days of gun hunting,the rest archery.then we could see some really big bucks that are area has the genetics to produce
Old 03-31-2011, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WNY Deer Dropper
http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/a...cc4c002e0.html

I love the first comment posted. WHA WHA WHA. I want my crossbow during archery. WHA WHA
More like WHA WHA WHA I want the woods all to myself WHA WHA WHA.

You Xbow haters need to give this crap up, the deer dont belong to YOU. what difference does it make what you shoot the damn things w/ anyway? heck I say, give everyone 2 tags, fill em how ever ya want, 0ct 1st - jan 31st.

You should worry more about the C-suckers in Albany who wanna take our weapons and hunting prividges away completely. Youre doing their work for em!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bighorns35
terrible new for us local wyoming county hunters,good news for the weekend warriors i guess. let's pass something for the hunters. 9 total days of gun hunting,the rest archery.then we could see some really big bucks that are area has the genetics to produce
??? I dont get it, so everyone in WY co. hunts 7 days a week??? why do you assume every hunters goals are the same as yours? Maybe some just want to get out in the woods and take a nice doe or a small buck for the freezer, whats wrong with that? you dont care about the "quality" of the deer herd, cause you know darn well it would have no affect, if the gun season was shortened anyway. This is just more eliteism, you want more restrictions on hunters, so theyres less hunters in the woods, cause you feel threatened by competition. Way to support hunters rights!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:23 AM
Spike

I am sure everyone knows the saying about arguing on the internet and I think this a great example.

I seldom reply to posts such as this, but I must say how it amazes me that you can go from 0 to 100 over nothing? You must rule your home with an iron fist. Why does it matter so much to you if crossbows are allowed during archery? I must know! Please tell me!

“More like WHA WHA WHA I want the woods all to myself WHA WHA WHA”

I don’t want the woods to myself all I hunt is public land so I must ask why don’t you just use a bow?!? I will admit I have shot a crossbow about 5 times and to be truthful with you I don’t see what the rage is about. Everything I have seen about them indicates they are marginally better than a bow as far as accuracy and range. Do you think they will make getting a deer easier? Is that the problem? Archery to hard for you? Why don’t you just drive up and down the 90 every night and look for one a car took out. That way you would not even need to leave the road. I think most people would agree the challenge is the best part of the hunt.

“heck I say, give everyone 2 tags, fill em how ever ya want, 0ct 1st - jan 31st.”

Are you going to get out the good old spot light and do a little midnight hunting with the boys from the bar? Why not just save the time and go to a high fence for a real challenge.

“You should worry more about the C-suckers in Albany who wanna take our weapons and hunting prividges away completely. Youre doing their work for em!”

Can you please show me the laws that have been passed in the last ten years that have restricted hunting or “reasonable” weapon ownership? I see all the time these important notices of some law they are trying to pass that will be “catastrophic” to gun owners. I have yet to see one pass. Instead you can now use crossbows in New York if you like and, way to go, we can use rifles in Wyoming County. Guess you missed the enlargement of the black bear zone a few years ago. Let’s not forget Obama the antichrist, that SOB signed a bill letting guns back into national forests and parks. He has said we have enough gun laws in this country all we need to do is enforce them. But every time I get a phone call from the NRA there is some new law being considered by the United Nations that is going to take away all gun rights from everyone in the world. Give me a break. You have to be drinking the cool aid daily to believe this stuff.

Well I am sure you will reply with a diatribe about how I don’t know anything and I am some liberal Jackass who doesn’t know anything so go ahead. I am sure you are an expert hunter who hasn’t bought meat from a store in fifteen years and we should stand in awe of you. But I am a republican, I just think Glen Beck and fox news are fear mongers. I can read and form an opinion. The game laws are there to protect the game. I have heard the stories for the old timers about having to hunt in groups with some arm badge to shoot a deer because there were none.

And by the way I thought the first coment was funny because the artical had nothing to due with Crossbows.

Have a good day.

Last edited by WNY Deer Dropper; 03-31-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure everyone knows the saying about arguing on the internet and I think this a great example.

I seldom reply to posts such as this, but I must say how it amazes me that you can go from 0 to 100 over nothing? You must rule your home with an iron fist. Why does it matter so much to you if crossbows are allowed during archery? I must know! Please tell me!iwouldnt be caught dead w/ a Xbow (not my thing) but thats just the point who am I or YOU to say what others should be allowed to use

“More like WHA WHA WHA I want the woods all to myself WHA WHA WHA”

I don’t want the woods to myself all I hunt is public landgee how did I guess so I must ask why don’t you just use a bow?!? LOL what makes you think I dont? In fact I hunt mostly w/ a bow ,this is the suburbs its a necessity around here I will admit I have shot a crossbow about 5 times and to be truthful with you I don’t see what the rage is about.I dont see what the rage is about golf, what does that have to do w/ whether other folks should play? Everything I have seen about them indicates they are marginally better than a bow as far as accuracy and range. Do you think they will make getting a deer easier? Is that the problem? Archery to hard for you? check out my album,not braggn but I kill a good buck every year and then some ..and legally too. Why don’t you just drive up and down the 90 every night and look for one a car took out. That way you would not even need to leave the road. I think most people would agree the challenge is the best part of the hunt. 1st of all ,dont break your arm patting your own back ,compound bows anit that hard to shoot or wack deer with, 2nd why do push your standards and goals on others? why does it matter how the deer was killed, its about population control ,not personal glory ,if thats your thing, hang from a tree w/ a knife in your teeth for all I care, but if someone wants to wack a deer the easy way, so %$#K'n what?

“heck I say, give everyone 2 tags, fill em how ever ya want, 0ct 1st - jan 31st.”

Are you going to get out the good old spot light and do a little midnight hunting with the boys from the bar? if it was legal you bet I would. I hunt hogs and varmits in TX like that, its a freekin blast!!!!! dont it knock till.. Why not just save the time and go to a high fence for a real challenge. again not my thing but I got nothn against it

“You should worry more about the C-suckers in Albany who wanna take our weapons and hunting prividges away completely. Youre doing their work for em!”

Can you please show me the laws that have been passed in the last ten years that have restricted hunting or “reasonable” weapon ownership? are you serious, were talking about NY right? Go try and buy a AR15 thats NY compliant for under a grand, better yet, try to get a pistol permit in this state if you ever been arrested for anything ,good luck! I see all the time these important notices of some law they are trying to pass that will be “catastrophic” to gun owners. I have yet to see one pass. Oh youll wait till one gets passed before you start to care right? Guys like you are the reason it sucks to be a gun owner in this state Instead you can now use crossbows in New York if you like and, way to go, we can use rifles in Wyoming County. Guess you missed the enlargement of the black bear zone a few years ago. Let’s not forget Obama the antichrist, that SOB signed a bill letting guns back into national forests and parks. He has said we have enough gun laws in this country all we need to do is enforce themshow me that quote??? Hes says we need a new AWB, he appointed 2 very antigun judges to the SCOTUS, thats enough for me,. But every time I get a phone call from the NRA there is some new law being considered by the United Nations that is going to take away all gun rights from everyone in the world. Give me a break. You have to be drinking the cool aid daily to believe this stuff. Go ask a european a aussie or even a canuck if the UN globalists dont wanna disarm private citizens

Well I am sure you will reply with a diatribe about how I don’t know anything and I am some liberal Jackass who doesn’t know anything so go ahead. I am sure you are an expert hunter who hasn’t bought meat from a store in fifteen years and we should stand in awe of you. But I am a republican, Did you vote for carl? I doubt it, thats why we still have the liberal status quo in this stateI just think Glen Beck and fox news are fear mongers. I can read and form an opinion. yeah and you push them on your fellow hunters , nice The game laws are there to protect the game. I dont wanna protect game, Im out ther to kill em LOL, as long as folks take no more than their fair share, I dont care how they do it I have heard the stories for the old timers about having to hunt in groups with some arm badge to shoot a deer because there were none.

And by the way I thought the first coment was funny because the artical had nothing to due with Crossbows.

Have a good day.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 03-31-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Spike

D&B
Who is pushing whos ideas on others? So you should be able to use any weapon you want anytime you want? Thats great I am sure the insurance companys would love that. We could knock the population way down that way.

Attention
Anyone who drinks and then goes out with his friends to shoot hogs is not a safe firearms owner. I will knock it because it is dumb!!!

I love to listen to guys like you when it comes to gun laws. First of all I have never seen a AR for sale for under 1000 anywhere these days. All the gun shop boys where sure able to drive those prices artifically through the roof when big bad Obama came in since he was talking everyones guns away. I must ask what is so brutal about gun laws. Why do you need a bayonet lug on an AR? Why do you need a flash suppressor on the end of your barrel? Do you really need more than ten rounds in the magazine? I think a background check is not that far out there to be required for buying a machine that is designed to do one thing and that is kill things. Talk about targets all you want, the gun was invented for that one purpose.

If you are a law abidding person and you play with in the rules you are given all the privileges those rules allow you. Do you think people should be given a test and have there record checked before they are issued a drivers license? If you do why is that so outlandish before they buy a gun? Surly you would agree that some thought should be given to weither a guy with gang tats can walk into a store and buy a glock with a few 30 rounders and a big box of ammo.

People like you are the fodder the antis use when a congress women gets shot in Arizona or some kid shoots his friend. I forgot the politician who said it but I like this quote "I blame Jarred Loughner for the first ten shots but I blame the law for the next 21." The military doesnt even use 30 round clips in their sidearms but god knows you need them.

Whatever, I am done with this. It has gone way off topic. And by the way if you need a twenty or thirty round mag to protect yourself you either suck at shooting or you have way to may enemies.

PS I did vote for Carl Paladino
Old 03-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

D&B
Who is pushing whos ideas on others?you obviously "this the way I do it, so thats the way we all should do it" So you should be able to use any weapon you want anytime you want? yeah gimme a logical reason why not Thats great I am sure the insurance companys would love that. We could knock the population way down that way. Like I said 2 tags and your done

Attention
Anyone who drinks and then goes out with his friends to shoot hogs is not a safe firearms owner. I will knock it because it is dumb!!!I dont drink when I hunt or much at all really

I love to listen to guys like you when it comes to gun laws. First of all I have never seen a AR for sale for under 1000 anywhere these days. A standard AR15 goes about 675$ all day long on gunbroker All the gun shop boys where sure able to drive those prices artifically through the roof when big bad Obama came in since he was talking everyones guns away. I must ask what is so brutal about gun laws. Why do you need a bayonet lug on an AR? WHATS THE POINT OF RESTRICTING THAT CRAP???? are there a buncha bayonetings going on out there? Why do you need a flash suppressor on the end of your barrel? Do you really need more than ten rounds in the magazine? ITs called "Its fun" and I want one!what difference does it make anyway? why do we need more than 1 round if thats your logic? whats "need" gotta do w/ it???? I think a background check is not that far out there to be required for buying a machine that is designed to do one thing and that is kill things. Talk about targets all you want, the gun was invented for that one purpose.A background check prevents crime huh ? Get real! I just bought a 30-30 legally off a bud he could care less if IM a felon(IM not) is a 30-30 less deadly than a AR15? I think not

If you are a law abidding person and you play with in the rules you are given all the privileges those rules allow you. Bull Do you think people should be given a test and have there record checked before they are issued a drivers license? If you do why is that so outlandish before they buy a gun? Surly you would agree that some thought should be given to weither a guy with gang tats can walk into a store and buy a glock with a few 30 rounders and a big box of ammo.Oh now where restricting guns and ammo based on tattoos? good lord!

People like you are the fodder the antis use when a congress women gets shot in Arizona or some kid shoots his friend. I forgot the politician who said it but I like this quote "I blame Jarred Loughner for the first ten shots but I blame the law for the next 21."who would you blame if he simply reloaded w/ 2 more 10rd magazines instead? get a clue, if someones motivated to kill, there gonna no matter whats available The military doesnt even use 30 round clips in their sidearms but god knows you need them.

Whatever, I am done with this.I wouldnt want to argure your positions either It has gone way off topic. And by the way if you need a twenty or thirty round mag to protect yourself you either suck at shooting or you have way to may enemies.You just dont get it, I never said I need anything, the point is why do you want to give more power to the govt? There there to protect us not disarm us. Do you think these stupid laws and restrictions do diddly squat to prevent crime anyway? no, its just another way for the big govt bureaucrats to control what we buy and own, just like cars, light bulbs, food, whats next?

PS I did vote for Carl Paladinowhat is that they say about broken clocks
<<<<<<<<<<<

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 03-31-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

deer and bear, im all for a balanced herd. do you really think wyoming county is balanced right now? i see you have orange county as yours. you hunt wyoming county? do you realize the rifle passing has nothing to do with hunters,or hunters opurtunity? all to do with the economy!! also,do you hunt everyday you can during the season? or do you fase out as it progresses?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.