HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   No saturday deer opener in pa. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/341390-no-saturday-deer-opener-pa.html)

sproulman 03-04-2011 05:49 PM

No saturday deer opener in pa.

at this time saturday opener is not going to happen for deer.

the bear saturday opener is killing out local stores.

bullmoose38 03-06-2011 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by sproulman (Post 3782127)
well we got it stopped and at this time,it aint going to happen.

the bear saturday opener is killing out local stores.so sproul said NO SATURDAY OPENER and its not going to happen .

????????? And how is it killing out local stores? lol

oldshedhunter35 03-06-2011 02:14 PM

the 1st post makes no since to me at all.Opening deer season on a Sat make absolute since to a working man so does hunting on sunday.The only people this dont make since to is Retired folks and People on welfare.

sproulman 03-06-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by bullmoose38 (Post 3782905)
????????? And how is it killing out local stores? lol

THE HUNTERS ARE NOT SHOPPING ON SATURDAY AND LEAVE FOR HOME SATURDAY NIGHT.
presently they come in friday night to camp, get up next morning go eat breakfest, then drive around and shop.

with saturday opener of bear, THEY ARE NOT DOING THESE THINGS.
i am not against saturday as day of hunting.
just dont have opener of deer on saturday before monday opener .

folks, its not me its the businesses that are having hard time that want help.stop into stores and ask them what they think of it.THEY WILL GET IN YOUR FACE as they have to live too and work......
a LOT of hunters only hunt the opening day and leave.

Pawildman 03-07-2011 09:06 AM

....And you got the Saturday opener deal stopped?

sproulman 03-07-2011 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Pawildman (Post 3783271)
....And you got the Saturday opener deal stopped?

I GUESS THAT COULD BE A SMARTY PANTS STATEMENT FROM ME.think i will change that.
no, our county officials/farmers/stores and sportsmans clubs went to harrisburg.THEY SAID ITS NOT GOING TO FLY as lots of complaints.

bullmoose38 03-07-2011 10:46 AM

Seriously i know hundreds of people that go up state to hunt. They leave Friday night to go to the cabin for Mondays opener. I dont know a one thats worried about shopping that Saturday. So I dont see much affecting that. Heck you cant hunt Sunday so they could shop then. :biggrin:

sproulman 03-07-2011 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by bullmoose38 (Post 3783309)
Seriously i know hundreds of people that go up state to hunt. They leave Friday night to go to the cabin for Mondays opener. I dont know a one thats worried about shopping that Saturday. So I dont see much affecting that. Heck you cant hunt Sunday so they could shop then. :biggrin:

true IF THEY STAYED AT CAMP.what we found out is they went HOME.we think its the OPENER excitement.same as monday ,its exciting first day.
same with fishing. fishing opens on saturday.after they catch their fish saturday,THEY GO HOME.

NOW YOU COULD SAY,sproul fishing opens on saturday.yes it does BUT according to stores etc the bear/deer opening saturday hurts them but fishing does not.

hey, i am not against it but if stores are hurting and most want opener on monday,at least most i talk to at CAMPS.locals that dont stay at camps,LIKE OPENER ON SATURDAY.CAMPS/STORES/FARMERS.dont like saturday opener.

BarnesX.308 03-07-2011 11:45 AM

Why would someone hunt all day and not spend the night Saturday night? They hunt all day, come back to the camp, pack up clean up, close up the camp and spend Saturday night in their cars? That doesn't make any sense. I would think most guys would come back to camp after a long day hunting, come back to the camp, crack a beer, get the fire started and cook some dinner. Then play poker with the guys and shoot the bull.

sproulman 03-07-2011 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308 (Post 3783332)
Why would someone hunt all day and not spend the night Saturday night? They hunt all day, come back to the camp, pack up clean up, close up the camp and spend Saturday night in their cars? That doesn't make any sense. I would think most guys would come back to camp after a long day hunting, come back to the camp, crack a beer, get the fire started and cook some dinner. Then play poker with the guys and shoot the bull.

i agree, that may be happening.i guees now they get hunters in stores for 2 DAYS. with saturday of bear they only come sunday or GO HOME and comeback monday or dont comeback.

being in woods saturday is hurting the businessses.

guys i am only giving you what they say is happening.