Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
No saturday deer opener in pa. >

No saturday deer opener in pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

No saturday deer opener in pa.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
very good comments.ITS NOT KID HUNTING THAT WE ARE VERY MAD OVER ITS WHAT THE KIDS ARE LEARNING.will they grow up and do same as MOST of the dads taught them.its ok to outlaw?
trust me,KIDS ARE NOT IN WOODS. ONES I SEE ARE SITTING IN TRUCK with radio turned on.that is very few. yes maybe 1 or 2 are sitting with dad if they are on privateland but i see NO ONE DOING IT ON PUBLICLAND.
but mostly they are not even around.
most mothers are not letting their 5yr to 12 yr old kid out in woods.
I KNOW THAT FOR FACT.no way its happening in gun season.

yet the butcher shop has over 50% spike bucks shot by mentoured youth, 50% spikes yet kids dont know where they got buck or what gun they used.
1 young 8 yr old girl said at butcher shop,MY DAD TOLD ME TO TELL YOU i USED A WEE-O-08 .
i know slobs that are doing this ,i know they are doing it.35 degrees with sneakers on,dont get me started on that one.
Sproul,,,,,you seriously have a piss poor attitude about kids! All this illegal crap you see going on is in your dreams,,,wake up and smell the coffee,,,the deer are few in your area not because of a mentored youth program,,,it's because you greedy old farts put the hammer to every doe ya seen for 6 years during the herd reduction program,,,,you bought up every tag you were allowed to and then went out and slaughtered the does,,,,quit blamin the kids programs,,,,they are the future of hunting whether you like it or not!
Old 03-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

first, its not kids i am complaining about it YOU DADS.the ones that are shooting the spike bucks and using kids tags.
the ones that are driving deer with kids in gang and shooting at ANY buck,not even looking at 3 point rule.
that is what i am mad about.

next i have not killed doe in 15 yrs. none of our family does also. not 1.
i agree hunters pulled trigger on doe but as barnes says, MY KID IS SHOOTING HIS OWN BUCK. SAME WITH US,we dont kill a doe.
so, lets look at me. out of say 10 hunters there is 4 of us that dont kill doe here in wmu2g of pa.
those hunters are ruining the hunting, those 6.

now lets go to KID THING.out of 10 dads i feel a good example would be 2 dads and kids are in woods under 12 ,rest NEVER see woods and maybe 1 sitting in truck with heater on.

barnes son is in woods.he is in that 2 total. where are the other 7 kids with dads.
NOT IN WOODS ON PUBLICLAND.
i had 20 members of our club count how many kids under 12 they saw in woods with there dad or in truck along side the road.
those 20 cover almost all of our county.

here is results.last year total of sighting was around 9 kids under 12.this was all of archery and early muzzleloader season.
here is best one.only 3 were seen in the 2 week of gun season.3 kids under 12 in gun season.

WHO SHOT ALL THE 50% OF SPIKES THAT WERE CHECKED AT BUTCHER SHOP?PICS IN PAPER SHOW ALL KINDS OF KIDS IN WOODS IN GUN SEASON AT 5 YR OLD UP TO 12.all kinds of pics with sneakers on at 35 degrees.

right!
no way i am against kids. its that OUTLAWS,MANY, MANY ARE DOING IT THAT I AM MAD OVER.

guess what, when i do catch one i will be labled the LOCAL TERD for turning them in.

oh that poor 5 yr old boy that sproul turned in.his dad could not even afford hunting shoes for kid at 35 degrees. poor kid in sneakers had to freeze and sproul turned dad in.

Last edited by sproulman; 03-13-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you had your way, would you do away with mentored youth hunting?
Old 03-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
If you had your way, would you do away with mentored youth hunting?
no.but here is what i would do.let kid use DADS doe TAG for doe.
no doe hunting for any of us adults, ONLY KIDS.
NEXT TO DO THIS KID must SHOOT A BUCK WITH 3 POINTS TO SIDE.

NOW SPROUL IS HAPPY.no more dad shooting the spike bucks and not even looking at horns and having kid tag it.
this would allow more of bucks to grow up and teach kid a good lesson on deer management too.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

If my boy can shoot a doe, I'll go along with 3 points to a side.

He can use my tag if he wants. I don't care who shoots the deer. It's going in the same freezer and it would mean way more to him than it would to me.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

If my boy can shoot a doe, I'll go along with 3 points to a side.

He can use my tag if he wants. I don't care who shoots the deer. It's going in the same freezer and it would mean way more to him than it would to me.
its in harrisburg right now .i believe sen corman has it in his committee.
but 3 point rule is not in it.
just think how many kids we could have in woods WITH LACK OF DEER if only they could shoot a doe.
dads would be FORCED to take them as most want MEAT.

sproul has this figured out but i know for 1 minute that my friends dont like it .
Old 03-15-2011, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

If kids and dads are sharing the doe tag, it shouldn't impact the deer herd any more than if dad was out filling the same tag on his own. Actually, it will save some deer. It's not easy getting a shot at a deer (especially in archery) when you're with a fidgety kid.

My boy is playing football this year, so we'll be spending most weekends in the special regs areas near home this archery season. Probably going to be no impact from us upstate at all.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

If kids and dads are sharing the doe tag, it shouldn't impact the deer herd any more than if dad was out filling the same tag on his own. Actually, it will save some deer. It's not easy getting a shot at a deer (especially in archery) when you're with a fidgety kid.

My boy is playing football this year, so we'll be spending most weekends in the special regs areas near home this archery season. Probably going to be no impact from us upstate at all.

i agree.yes football will cut hunting time.take care sproul
Old 03-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Football will really impact our fall. We spend every fall weekend at the cabin and haven't missed an archery opener since I was 12.

But, he really wants to play football. So he'll play football and try to work hunting in somehow.

Maybe take some Friday vacation days. Roll up to the cabin after work on Thursdays, hunt all day Friday and head home Friday evening.

He played fall baseball last year but that wasn't nearly as serious. Not too much practice and we could miss a couple games.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Football will really impact our fall. We spend every fall weekend at the cabin and haven't missed an archery opener since I was 12.

But, he really wants to play football. So he'll play football and try to work hunting in somehow.

Maybe take some Friday vacation days. Roll up to the cabin after work on Thursdays, hunt all day Friday and head home Friday evening.

He played fall baseball last year but that wasn't nearly as serious. Not too much practice and we could miss a couple games.
my brother got out 1 day last year to hunt archery do to FOOTBALL.then 2 days in gun .wife does not want him in woods so much or not at all.

i am last one left that hunts ,all our crew my age,11 only 2 hunt do to their wives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.