Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Deer hunting in NY >

Deer hunting in NY

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Deer hunting in NY

Old 03-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Spike

anybody have any info on hunting in steuban county NY? Looking to possibly hunt there this fall for the first time. I have hunted PA before and know that certain areas get crowded. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by nyoutdoorsguy28
there is quite a few spots that I have found on the dec website. I am going to request information from them and see what its about. Thanks for all your help guys!
Brookfield State Land, south of Bridgewater.
Morgan Hill, down by Truxton.
Plenty of room on both.
Scott
Old 10-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of guys can get the deer moving. Get in early and sit longer than they do. Let them push the deer to you.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by mfonts
anybody have any info on hunting in steuban county NY? Looking to possibly hunt there this fall for the first time. I have hunted PA before and know that certain areas get crowded. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Contact the NYSDEC, in Bath, N.Y.
They should be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:02 AM
Spike

I hunt Steuben County. I hunt on my own land. There is some state land. Its tough during gun season because there is so much land for the deer to hide. You need to drive them. Bow season is great! I havent shot one yet with my bow, but have a lot of deer. It was a pretty good acorn year this year where i live.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default doe

After a very frustraing archery season so far, I was able to lung this mature doe this evening.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Spike

Haven't pulled the string back yet, but Saturday am was heating up on the farm we hunt.
Let a crotch-horn walk, and saw a good one chasing.
My son grunted a long-tined spike in,(we don't shoot the liitle ones) which was shortly followed by a 9 pt, but no shot on him.
Probably going to slip out of work this week, the day before the weather front they claim, is coming in.