Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Truth on deer in pa. >

Truth on deer in pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Truth on deer in pa.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by jicand
Easiest way to show you want doe season stopped is to stop buying doe tags. You can have the signature of every hunter in 2g, but when time comes around, if they buy a doe tag then the state will ignore the petition because they know you really want to keep killing doe.
Or you can buy the tags then throw them in the garbage. If (i.e) you MU has 10k doe tags and only 4k is filled, the state would have to find out what is going on. If you buy a tag and pitch it, you guarentee that 1 doe doesn't get taken but not buying guarentees a thoughtless meater hunter a slaughter of unbought tags.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by jicand
Easiest way to show you want doe season stopped is to stop buying doe tags. You can have the signature of every hunter in 2g, but when time comes around, if they buy a doe tag then the state will ignore the petition because they know you really want to keep killing doe.
IF YOU HAVE 10 HUNTERS IN ROOM, 5 WILL SAY, i am still buying a doe tag.next 2 will say, I BUY MINE BUT DONT USE IT.
next 3 will not buy them and then in COMES THE NEW JERSEY HUNTERS and buy them all that are left.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by stapher1
Or you can buy the tags then throw them in the garbage. If (i.e) you MU has 10k doe tags and only 4k is filled, the state would have to find out what is going on. If you buy a tag and pitch it, you guarentee that 1 doe doesn't get taken but not buying guarentees a thoughtless meater hunter a slaughter of unbought tags.
this is what we do in our family, throw them away here in wmu2g.
pgc knew we were doing this so,THEY ALLOWED HUNTERS TO KILL AS HIGH AS 4 DOE A SEASON.
this is how they beat us.

i know hunters in 1 family that three of them got 15 deer in one season. 15. 4 doe each and buck.

now we dont see 15 deer in season .
Old 02-27-2011, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
heard nothing.yes we did lose the deer thing .i expected that as you cant seem to beat system.right now we have petitions out to stop doe hunting .most likely will mean nothing even tho hunters are signing every one i put out.

HUNTERS WANT DOE SEASON STOPPED IN WMU2G.

Petitions to stop legal hunting??? Perhaps you should partner with PETA!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
Petitions to stop legal hunting??? Perhaps you should partner with PETA!
you have been fair in past,not like KNOTHEAD rsb ,so i wont get smart with you.

usp made up petition. i am LIFE MEMBER of usp. we started the usp with don clemmer as founder around 1983.
sadly don died last year,real nice guy that was BOOED with me at bucktail high school by farmers,dcnr,pgc ,qdma,audobon WANNABEES.

i dont agree with everything usp wants. i am big AR fan ,they are not.
we have very few deer here in western clinton county.i did get 10 point the first day but was only deer we saw.4 gangs hunted about 6 miles by highway and saw 2 doe which they shot 1.
this is in great area on feed.we had MORE BEARS in this area than deer.

rwj, something is wrong and its just to MUCH doe killing.
i agree that forest is not great on feed,the BROWSE.until dcnr cuts the trees that are shading ground, nothing will get much better.

but we are told we can handle 11dpsm. if 100 yds is mile that is used, THATS A LOT OF DEER.
but truth is ,i use my truck speedometer.not DPSM thing.if there is over 10 deer in say 5 miles by highway ,that is lot today.

those same areas held over 20 deer per highway mile.many miles NO DEER,none. no squirreals,grouse,rabbits,turkeys.yes, you could say feed, i say WAY TO MUCH HUNTING.
look at what is happening now.
mentoured thing is joke,adults are shooting the bucks and dont have to use tag.
crews are shooting at ANY buck as long as kids are in crew.

what is kid learning there.butcher shops said,QUOTE SPROUL KIDS DONT EVEN KNOW GUN THEY USED TO GET THE BUCKS.i will let you draw your own conclusion on that one.
all this is putting more pressure on what deer are left.its not allowing the AR to work as good as it could.
i only brought this up that we cant have deer with all pressure etc that is put on what is left.

thats why the doe season HAS to be closed if we want to see the deer come back somewhat.
if not, its going to continue to get worst and license sales go down.dcnr IS AFTER the pgc to merge. why not, with all millions in timber and GAS ,millions of dollars in gas.USP is fighting merging the pgc.strange,hated USP backing the PGC on not merging.
dont think for 1 minute that PGC is not going to make millions on gas.DCNR wants that money and JOBS too.

no way anyone would approve increase in pgc license fees if hunting is not good.
only HUNTINGPA group of wannabees would want it.

sorry i got off a little .rwj,other than your friends over on HUNTINGPA there are not many that LIKE pgc/dcnr/audobon/qdma at this time.petitions are filling up.

you are fair person and so is johnw .
dont let HUNTINGPA group that is ONE SIDED and will chase anyone off that awful forum that in anyway disagrees with the TEAM PLAYER way of thinking.

take care sproul
Old 02-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

WCO R.W.J is right. there is no reason to ban doe hunting in 2G for 2 years. In 2009 hunters harvested 1.26 buck for every 1.02 antlerless ,which means the herd is already being allowed to increase in 2g. Furthermore the 2010 antlerless allocations were lower than in 2009 ,which means the herd should increase even more.

The USP lost their case because they made extreme claims that they couldn't support. Continuing to make extreme claims will accomplish nothing.
Old 02-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
you have been fair in past,not like KNOTHEAD rsb ,so i wont get smart with you.

usp made up petition. i am LIFE MEMBER of usp. we started the usp with don clemmer as founder around 1983.
sadly don died last year,real nice guy that was BOOED with me at bucktail high school by farmers,dcnr,pgc ,qdma,audobon WANNABEES.

i dont agree with everything usp wants. i am big AR fan ,they are not.
we have very few deer here in western clinton county.i did get 10 point the first day but was only deer we saw.4 gangs hunted about 6 miles by highway and saw 2 doe which they shot 1.
this is in great area on feed.we had MORE BEARS in this area than deer.

rwj, something is wrong and its just to MUCH doe killing.
i agree that forest is not great on feed,the BROWSE.until dcnr cuts the trees that are shading ground, nothing will get much better.

but we are told we can handle 11dpsm. if 100 yds is mile that is used, THATS A LOT OF DEER.
but truth is ,i use my truck speedometer.not DPSM thing.if there is over 10 deer in say 5 miles by highway ,that is lot today.

those same areas held over 20 deer per highway mile.many miles NO DEER,none. no squirreals,grouse,rabbits,turkeys.yes, you could say feed, i say WAY TO MUCH HUNTING.
look at what is happening now.
mentoured thing is joke,adults are shooting the bucks and dont have to use tag.
crews are shooting at ANY buck as long as kids are in crew.

what is kid learning there.butcher shops said,QUOTE SPROUL KIDS DONT EVEN KNOW GUN THEY USED TO GET THE BUCKS.i will let you draw your own conclusion on that one.
all this is putting more pressure on what deer are left.its not allowing the AR to work as good as it could.
i only brought this up that we cant have deer with all pressure etc that is put on what is left.

thats why the doe season HAS to be closed if we want to see the deer come back somewhat.
if not, its going to continue to get worst and license sales go down.dcnr IS AFTER the pgc to merge. why not, with all millions in timber and GAS ,millions of dollars in gas.USP is fighting merging the pgc.strange,hated USP backing the PGC on not merging.
dont think for 1 minute that PGC is not going to make millions on gas.DCNR wants that money and JOBS too.

no way anyone would approve increase in pgc license fees if hunting is not good.
only HUNTINGPA group of wannabees would want it.

sorry i got off a little .rwj,other than your friends over on HUNTINGPA there are not many that LIKE pgc/dcnr/audobon/qdma at this time.petitions are filling up.

you are fair person and so is johnw .
dont let HUNTINGPA group that is ONE SIDED and will chase anyone off that awful forum that in anyway disagrees with the TEAM PLAYER way of thinking.

take care sproul
DCNR is not looking for a Merger, I am not sure where you heard that but please post a link to any proof of that.

If you know of someone violationg the mentored yourh hunt regulations I suggest you turn them in.

A petition to stop legal hunting is right out of the Anti playbook.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WCO R.W.J
DCNR is not looking for a Merger, I am not sure where you heard that but please post a link to any proof of that.

If you know of someone violationg the mentored yourh hunt regulations I suggest you turn them in.

A petition to stop legal hunting is right out of the Anti playbook.
i heard about it on HUNTINGPA .it said second part of year corbett could look at it but first part is going to be turnpike.

i believe you have to know what is happening with mentoured. also you SHOULD KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE ADULTS SHOOTING SMALL BUCKS WITH 16 UNDER KIDS IN GANGS.
did you know some carry hacksaws in pocket in case the buck is even too small.cut horns off to get it too the truck.

without a WCO in western clinton county a LOT is going on.i fought hard to get one on but its not going to happen.this is happening all over state.you think for 1 minute that crews are looking at points if you have kid along under 16.those radios on coats are not to say hello and most have a system that you cant scrabble,yes radios they use you cant hear as wco as its scrabbled or not normal channels that most can hear, THAT A BUCK IS DOWN and come tag it.
even knothead rsb agreed years ago that it was happening and he heard it on scanner.but now they got smart, THEY DONT YELL BUCK DOWN COME TAG IT,now its short words.

is the above 2 things happening. YES THEY ARE.as for turning them in,if i see it ,i will .
trust me, these young kids are NOT in woods when this happens and others ARE using kids to shoot the buck under 3 points.
nothing i can do if you think it is not happening.

i do give DENNYF credit over on HUNTINGPA forum for at least trying to keep the WANNABEES under control.thats improvement ,maybe they should let the members back that were banned because they disagreed with those WANNABEES.

Last edited by sproulman; 02-28-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
WCO R.W.J is right. there is no reason to ban doe hunting in 2G for 2 years. In 2009 hunters harvested 1.26 buck for every 1.02 antlerless ,which means the herd is already being allowed to increase in 2g. Furthermore the 2010 antlerless allocations were lower than in 2009 ,which means the herd should increase even more.

The USP lost their case because they made extreme claims that they couldn't support. Continuing to make extreme claims will accomplish nothing.

bb, even with reduction in doe tags ,MOST ARE NOT FILLING THEM.give report on how many tags were filled not filled.if doe are increasing,why are tags not being filled.
heck, they have from sept to jan to fill the tags.

what extreme claims did the USP make?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most doe tags aren't filled every year, in every WMU in the state. It usually takes 3 or 4 doe tags for every antlerless deer harvested. The USP claimed the herd had been annihilated the and that the herd had been reduced to unsustainable levels. Both claims are extreme when you consider that we still harvested over 300K deer in 2009. When you are in court words have specific meanings and when you make claims that you can't support with independent facts, you undermine your credibility and your chances of winning your case.

The USP would have had a much stronger case if they would have just compared the claims Alt made while selling the plan to the results nine years later ,using the PGC's own data. Personal opinions are meaningless in court ,unless you are declared and expert witness by the court and the USP didn't provide any expert witnesses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.