Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Truth on deer in pa. >

Truth on deer in pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Truth on deer in pa.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
I came on this late, but there seems to be a lot of reference to Gary Alt. Has anybody even heard a peep out of that guy for over a year? My neighbor said Alt really did a lot for the bears in Pa., but dropped the ball with the deer herd. I asked my neighbor what Alt did for the bears and he did not know. I can ask anybody what Alt did for the bears and they won't know. Gary Alt was a fraud. Alt ran around darting bears in the butt having a good old time on hunters money. As far as I know, He did not change any seasons or limits on bear when he was in charge. Alt did accept credit for the increase in bear population, which was spilling over from New Jersey and increasing because of the housing going up in the Poconos area. Gary Alt, there is a name you don't hear any more, and that is a good thing.
alt has forestry background.that is where he came from not deer background.his job was to PUSH THE AGENDA TO REDUCE DEER TO VERY LOW NUMBERS.the small groups that have influence in harrisburg,pa are behind this.your AUDOBON,NATURES CONSERVANCY,QDMA,FOREST CERTIFICATION THING,DCNR,PGC ,CERTAIN SPORTSMANS CLUBS ARE BEHIND THIS.

look at list of people that started all this.very few if any are hunters.all hand picked by certain groups with INFLUENCE in harrisburg,pa.
it goes right back to MONEY.forest certification the politicians feel will increase the price of timber.that is what is behind it.no doubt in my mind that insurance co. were complaining also about the deer in meetings with their reps.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

USP lost their case against the PGC.SOthings are going to get worst on number of deer you will have to hunt unless hunters stop shooting doe.
did you know that they stated that 50% of the antlerless doe killed are FAWNS THIS YEAR.
that is just plain awful what we have become as hunters.
meat and filling the licenses at any cost is driving this.
very sad indeed.......
Old 02-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you know that 50% of the antlerless harvests were fawns,since the PGC hasn't released the harvest data for 2010?
Old 02-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Has anybody else seen the new point rule, instead of 4pts it's going to be (3 up) rule. 3 points on one side, not counting the eye guards. I also heard the the state is going to 3 more mangement units to the no doe hunting till the first saturday.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
alt has forestry background.that is where he came from not deer background.his job was to PUSH THE AGENDA TO REDUCE DEER TO VERY LOW NUMBERS.the small groups that have influence in harrisburg,pa are behind this.your AUDOBON,NATURES CONSERVANCY,QDMA,FOREST CERTIFICATION THING,DCNR,PGC ,CERTAIN SPORTSMANS CLUBS ARE BEHIND THIS.

look at list of people that started all this.very few if any are hunters.all hand picked by certain groups with INFLUENCE in harrisburg,pa.
it goes right back to MONEY.forest certification the politicians feel will increase the price of timber.that is what is behind it.no doubt in my mind that insurance co. were complaining also about the deer in meetings with their reps.
Gary Alt was a DNR Biologist here in WV, before moving to PA for the bear management program. gary was instrumental, from what I recall, in the successful turkey re-stocking project. What he's done up there, I don't know.....
Old 02-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Rem1100
Gary Alt was a DNR Biologist here in WV, before moving to PA for the bear management program. gary was instrumental, from what I recall, in the successful turkey re-stocking project. What he's done up there, I don't know.....
gary alt was mouth piece to reduce deer,that is all here in pa.the groups that he belonged too are same ones that want deer reduced for reasons. 1 is FOREST CERTIFICATION.too get the timber prices up they had to show to WORLD that something they would do will make wood BETTER.
so they felt reducing deer would be a easy one to show the WORLD that it wood make WOOD better.
you could see wood in store someday saying PA MOUNTAIN WOOD.

that is all that was behind it.then other groups gary belonged too have agenda also.bird groups,non hunting groups,hikers etc all are affecting what happens.
here is quote that gary made too me,he said,SPROUL LET LITTLE FAWNS GO AND SHOOT THE OLD DOE.
first we thought he was thinking of the poor fawns too grow up.
lone did we know that he has reason to say that.THE OLD DOE HAVE 2 FAWNS,YOUNG DOE DONT HAVE FAWN OR JUST ONE.

see how you are fibbed too.i have nothing against gary alt only he is mouth piece to reduce deer.he is and was a active member of groups that want deer gone.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Spike

Default Eveland's still a fake

So sproulman. It's been over a month now. Are you yet able to substantiate any of Evelands claims yet? I haven't seen or heard hide nor hair of this guy lately. What's up with dat? He didn't seem to convince the judge any either and actually may have helped get the case thrown out due to lack of any expert testimoney or actual data. He didn't show up at the game com. meeting either. Why is this guy so quiet if he knows so much?
Please let us know what you've found that give him any credibility.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

The following quote proves beyond a doubt that the DCNR blackmailed the PGC into reducing the herd so DCNR could get their forests certified.

"
BOF RESPONSE: “The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources and the Bureau of Forestry have taken several significant steps to address the overabundant deer herd on State Forests and State Parks and throughout the Commonwealth. Secretary DiBerardinis has raised the issue to its highest level in state government and has personally assumed leadership on moving the issue forward. To that end, the Secretary placed a moratorium on the use of DCNR grant monies for use in purchasing State Game lands stating that he could not,in good conscience, help fund projects with an agency that is preventing him from meeting his public trust responsibilities of managing DCNR lands sustainably.

The Secretary was invited to meet with the President of the Pennsylvania Game Commissioners, Pennsylvania Game Commissioners, and Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC) Executive staff to address the deer and other resource management issues. As a result of the meeting, the Secretary believes that the
deer issue and the department’s perspectives are receiving serious attention and consideration by the Game Commissioners and PGC Executive staff. Due to this open dialogue, the Secretary has lifted the moratorium on the use of DCNR grant funds for potential PGC acquisitions. The Department has submitted written statement to the PGC for consideration. Subsequent meetings with Commissioners and PGC Executive Staff are scheduled. In addition, the Department has developed an Action Plan that will prioritize and guide the department’s efforts over the next several years. White-tailed deer is clearly identified as one of the top priorities for department activities.
Copies of the DCNR Action Plan outlining the department’s concerns, strategies and objectives are available.
One of the current tools available to help alleviate some deer pressure on State Forest lands is DMAP (Deer Management Assistance Program). The Bureau of Forestry used DMAP aggressively on State Forest lands. The BOF enrolled over 700,000 acres in the program for this hunting season. This resulted in over
20,000 coupons issued for the harvest of antlerless deer."

One of the Commissioners denied DCNR had any influence on the PGC DMP ,but when I provided that quote he had no response.

"Are you yet able to substantiate any of Evelands claims yet? I haven't seen or heard hide nor hair of this guy lately. What's up with dat? He didn't seem to convince the judge any either and actually may have helped get the case thrown out due to lack of any expert testimoney or actual data."
J. Eveland did not provide any testimony in this case, so he played no roll in the USP loosing .

Last edited by bluebird2; 02-24-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MeatHunter2
So sproulman. It's been over a month now. Are you yet able to substantiate any of Evelands claims yet? I haven't seen or heard hide nor hair of this guy lately. What's up with dat? He didn't seem to convince the judge any either and actually may have helped get the case thrown out due to lack of any expert testimoney or actual data. He didn't show up at the game com. meeting either. Why is this guy so quiet if he knows so much?
Please let us know what you've found that give him any credibility.
heard nothing.yes we did lose the deer thing .i expected that as you cant seem to beat system.right now we have petitions out to stop doe hunting .most likely will mean nothing even tho hunters are signing every one i put out.

HUNTERS WANT DOE SEASON STOPPED IN WMU2G.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Easiest way to show you want doe season stopped is to stop buying doe tags. You can have the signature of every hunter in 2g, but when time comes around, if they buy a doe tag then the state will ignore the petition because they know you really want to keep killing doe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.