Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Truth on deer in pa. >

Truth on deer in pa.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Truth on deer in pa.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:04 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Guys like Cochy see a few pics of big bucks in the newspaper and think that AR's has greatly increased the number of 2.5+ buck,but they never look at the actual data on the 2.5+ buck harvest. If they did ,they would know that in 2009 we only harvested 2,300 more 2.5+ buck than we did in 2002 ,when none of the 2.5 buck were produced by ARs. They also ignore the fact that the harvest of 8+ pt. buck only increased by 17% from 2001 to 2009, while Alt predicted it would increase by 100%.
When trying to make a point... you discredit yourself by not spell checking, or using proper punctuation. I'm not going to waste my time on this banter. In the end everything boils down to one simple thing. If you don't like something either; do something about it or shut up and stop complaining. Moving forward, since I do not have an issue with the anterlered deer management program I will shut up. As for you sir, I hear Ohio is a great place to hunt.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is the typical response from someone that can't support their opinions with facts and is looking for a way to gracefully bow out of the discussion.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Junior hunters were exempt from ARs from the start so Alt knew they would be harvesting a very small percentage of the non-AR legal buck and he still claimed ARs would double the number of 8 pts and it didn't come close. But the main reason it didn't is due to continued HR and high BB harvests, not juniors or their parents shooting 1.5 buck.

blue,RESPECTFULLY,you are not correct.
i ate lunch at meeting with state rep from my area with DR.ALT.before this our local sportsmans president was crying,DR.ALT WE HAVE TO ALLOW KIDS TO KILL ANY BUCK,PLEASE DR.ALT, PLEASE.
if alt only knew that this so called sportsman FOUND a way to fill his freezer.he did not care anything for kids, it was a WAY to get meat.

BLUE,up to that time, listen, up to that time there WAS NOT GOING TO BE A AR EXEMPTION FOR KIDS.it was going to be 3 points for ALL.
that is fact, it came out of his mouth in front of 500 hunters at lock haven university.i was there and asked what i thought of it by state rep.
I DID NOT LIKE IT BECAUSE I SAW WAY FOR HUNTERS TO OUTLAW AND USE KIDS AS A WAY TO DO IT.

now what i say is happening. 5 yr old girls in pink with sneakers on shooting 13 point bucks with WEE- 0-8 AND NO TAG NECESSARY.

so when dr.alt spoke possibly the AR exemption for babies was not in affect.
i can tell you this,AR IS WORKING BUT WILL NOT GET TOO 100% UNLESS ALL OUTLAWING AND STUPID BABY SHOOTING A 13 POINT STOPS.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Apparently you forgot that Alt continued to make his predictions about the effects of ARs long after junior hunters were exempted from the effects of ARs. His claim about more and larger bucks appeared in the Hunting Digest until 2008.

Furthermore, even if some parents are using their kids tag to harvest non-AR legal buck, the PGC is still claiming that ARs are protecting 50% of the 1.5 yr. buck, which is what Alt predicted. You may or may not have a problem in your area,it definitely is not a statewide problem and it is not the reason why ARs failed to double the number of 8 pts.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Spike

Default Looking for new areas to hunt in central PA

Figured I would post something other than the back and forth bickering about the AR and Dr. Alt. I am always looking for new places to hunt around the central PA region, does anyone know of a good area. I prefer places I can put up game cameras place a food plot and observe the area. I have been noticing that there are quality deer here in PA have been seeing large deer in areas you can not hunt due to the laws of beeing so far from a structure. I will try to post a picture of a non-typical 8 point that eats from my side yard in a development..
Old 01-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by dvkttr11c
Figured I would post something other than the back and forth bickering about the AR and Dr. Alt. I am always looking for new places to hunt around the central PA region, does anyone know of a good area. I prefer places I can put up game cameras place a food plot and observe the area. I have been noticing that there are quality deer here in PA have been seeing large deer in areas you can not hunt due to the laws of beeing so far from a structure. I will try to post a picture of a non-typical 8 point that eats from my side yard in a development..
start a new topic. we are busy EXPOSING truth about deer hunting in pa.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:29 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by dvkttr11c
You might want to check your rule book again. PA is far less strict on distance from a structure you may hunt than in MD. To my knowledge you can hunt 40 yards from an occupied structure. That is for archery only, I don't hunt deer with a gun anymore, but I think that's only like 100 yards. I wouldn't plan on putting up a camera....

Start a new thread...
Old 01-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to check your rule book again. The safety for archery is 50 yds. and for rifle hunters it is 150 yds. and that is from occupied buildings, farm buildings and commercial buildings.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

Guys like Cochy see a few pics of big bucks in the newspaper and think that AR's has greatly increased the number of 2.5+ buck,but they never look at the actual data on the 2.5+ buck harvest. If they did ,they would know that in 2009 we only harvested 2,300 more 2.5+ buck than we did in 2002 ,when none of the 2.5 buck were produced by ARs. They also ignore the fact that the harvest of 8+ pt. buck only increased by 17% from 2001 to 2009, while Alt predicted it would increase by 100%.
Wow, 17% is significant.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes a 17% increase is a significant failure when ARs were predicted to increase the number of 8 pts. by 100%. Furthermore, it is an indication that we may be high grading our buck just like in MIss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.