Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
New York's New Crossbow...Regulations!!! >

New York's New Crossbow...Regulations!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New York's New Crossbow...Regulations!!!

Old 12-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sprouley.................

I asked you what your point was....You told me...Hehehehehe...
Old 12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Sprouley.................

I asked you what your point was....You told me...Hehehehehe...
Old 12-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default It will be fine

No different then adding a late (week) of muzzle loader season .
I just dont believe they will or should make the crossbow legal to use during regular bow though .
THIS IS NY were talking abought and all the big boys see GREEN :guin ess:
So now they get more $$$$ for a crossbow tag,,more $$$$ when they catch you ilegaly using them during regular bow season , etc. etc.........NY DIDNT YOU HERE WERE GOING GREEEN ....$$$$:guine ss:
Old 12-27-2010, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

so wats goin on i can use a crossbow in bowseason now?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

That's the problem with it!
Old 12-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Spike

It is a start,remember back when muzzleloader's coudn't have a scope in Ny? Since the new reg's allow your muzzle/archery stamps to be filled with etheir,bow or muzzleloader ( with bow cert) why not crossbow? I ahve bow hunted for over 25years and still will , but I'm not against allowing crossbows during the archery season, norht or southern
Old 12-30-2010, 07:26 AM
Spike

I do not see that this will have much of an impact. Look at the following link...

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/68802.html

You can not used a crossbow during bow season only during shot gun and late bow/mussy. Why would people go out and buy a crossbow when you can only use them during times when much better more accurate weapons are avaliable and most hunters already have.

I dont see this as being an issue at all.

Plus you need to take another boring training class for it. Why bother.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WNY Deer Dropper
I do not see that this will have much of an impact. Look at the following link...

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/68802.html

You can not used a crossbow during bow season only during shot gun and late bow/mussy. Why would people go out and buy a crossbow when you can only use them during times when much better more accurate weapons are avaliable and most hunters already have.

I dont see this as being an issue at all.

Plus you need to take another boring training class for it. Why bother.
'you are right.if crossbow is not allowed for regular archery season, they will not be a big thing at all.
even here in pa which allow crossbows IN REGULAR AECHERY,last few years they were selling like crazy,NOW with early oct MEAT week with IN-LINE, crossbows are for sale everywhere.

people paid 600 for crossbows, now selling for under 300 used.money is going to IN-LINES........
Old 12-31-2010, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why does hunting have to be hard? Im for a state wide rifle,shotgun,muzzleloader,handgun,crossbow,compou nd,long bow,recurve, machete,etc. season, oct 1st -dec 31st(in other words, use what you want, when you want, where you want)...everyone gets between 1-5 tags depending on where you hunt... why not?
Old 01-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG
Why does hunting have to be hard? Im for a state wide rifle,shotgun,muzzleloader,handgun,crossbow,compou nd,long bow,recurve, machete,etc. season, oct 1st -dec 31st(in other words, use what you want, when you want, where you want)...everyone gets between 1-5 tags depending on where you hunt... why not?
You guys can have that in NY if you all want it. Personally I don't want deer in October acting like they do in November/December with the rifles going off. Gun shots get heard in a much larger area than a bow. So the buck I'm drawn on will take off when the jerk 500 yards away blasts his deer with a rifle. NO THANKS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.