Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Giant NY buck: 205" typical >

Giant NY buck: 205" typical

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Giant NY buck: 205" typical

Old 12-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

20" deductions, right side weak, G2's off. Blah, Blah, Blah. Net scoring is all for symetrics, and evenness. I say its crap. A Buck is what it is, and thats alot of darn nice bone on his head. I would careless if its symetrical thats a darn nice giant that would make any hunter very proud. Its a great representation of what NY is capable of, and even better it came from a different county than the well known big buck ones.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet Buck!! That must have looked huge coming thru the woods. Now if I can just figure out where the Top Trail Tower is.... Congrats Dave Edwards!!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow...great deer
Old 12-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
no I'm not but the G2 as you call it, is out of place, if it were scored as a G2, the left side points would all have serious deductions due to differences in length, as you would be measureing the actual G2 on the right, and comparing it to the actual G3 on the left, and so on on down the line. is that not right? Was the green score done by a B&C measureer? if so can you post the score sheet?I'm tellin ya its a great buck, a buck of a lifetime even, I just see more than 20" of deductions is all.RR
No, I don't know the guy or have a copy of the score sheet. A buddy of mine on another forum that's from Cortland County says that this score is coming from an official NYSBBc scorer. Beyond that, I've not nothing to back up these figures. Still one heck of a deer no matter what numbers get attached to his headgear.

Did you see this bruiser that I posted?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/nort...er-ground.html
Old 12-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck, wish they would grow them that large here in Northern NY!
Old 12-23-2010, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

hey no negatives here, Its a Awsome Buck, and i dont think many would pas him up if that monster walked through where they were, Great harvest and congrats to the harvester!!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

I would pass him up, too many deductions and a broken tip.

Yeah right, that buck is too die for. I keep hoping that "next year will be the year...." and that I'll get a Booner, and I've been hoping that for 21 years now.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nets are for fish

That thing is a hammer....congrats to him!
Old 12-24-2010, 03:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not too keen on the coloration of the left side...LOL

That's a monster.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:12 AM
Spike

Giant. Congratulations to the lucky hunter. Bet you couldnt wipe the smile off his face with a 2x4 ! Impressive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.