Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY Monster on the Ground... >

NY Monster on the Ground...

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Monster on the Ground...

Old 11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default NY Monster on the Ground...

First of all, I'm not the lucky hunter who killed this buck. I'm just the lucky guy with the blurred out face that got to hold the deer in the first two photos.

This giant was killed friday 11/26 by a local guy from my town here in Steuben County, NY. Unfortunately, his right side appeared to have been injured in velvet and his G3 tine was broken off, as well as half of the G4. Even though he was busted up badly, one of the local NYSBBC scorers measured him @ 181 gross / 151 net. His right side scores 98" (with an additional inch to inch&half broken off of his G3) which is world class...nearly 13" G2, mass measurements up to 7 inches and 20" spread! Had his one antler been in tact he would have grossed 195+ typical, a giant anywhere in the country. The poor boy was nothing but skin and bones, hopefully he spread his genes wide and far over the past month!!!

Last edited by WNY Bowhunter; 11-30-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

A couple more pics:

My uncles' brother-in-law found one of his sheds while spreading manure on a cut cornfield this past spring. I searched for the other side but had no luck in finding it. The deer was killed only a couple hundred yards from where the shed was picked up. The amount of growth that he put on since last year is simply amazing. I believe this deer was probably 4.5 years old.

The moral of the story is...let the little bucks go because there's no telling what they might turn into (even here in NY).

Last edited by WNY Bowhunter; 11-30-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Spike

Nice monster!!!!!!!! would love to see that in the woods!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow!!! look at the massssssss....shew weee...congrats to you...definitely unique
Old 11-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Spike

That is one heck of a monster! I might be up in the Naples area hunting this weekend....hope to see one even half that size Thanks for sharing all those awesome pics....
Old 11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Very nice

I was in STEUBEN County NY during the gun opening weekend until monday .
Hes the reason we travel over 6 hrs one way every year.
I no they have the genetics and Bucks to produce this size rack .
Just so many guys shooting anything they see , small bucks included ..
I just shot my wall hanger on the 29th here in Northeastern NY, Although not as high scored , hes a dandy to me ..
He to looked like a 200 lb monster and only weighed 162 lbs .
His spine was 3 " up and he had no hind end ..
Attached Thumbnails NY Monster on the Ground...-mms_resized_pix-4-.jpg  
Old 11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wanna see the deer that fought that deer to brake his points
Old 11-30-2010, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ABarOfSoap
Me too. Good God, that is a monster!!!!
Old 11-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow thats an awesome new york buck! there are certainly some beauties across new york, i go up there every year. have shot one 140" buck and seen at least 4 bigger in the past 5 years. that is a trophy anywhere!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ABarOfSoap
Believe it or not, I was talking to my dad tonight...he says that one of my uncles was on his way to work yesterday morning and saw a giant buck chasing 4 does across an alfalfa field on the same property where the deer in the thread was killed on friday. He claims that the buck he saw was every bit as big as the one in the photo. I can't confirm it, but maybe some lucky hunter will be fortunate enough to meet up with him before the season closes....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.