Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Gun Season

Old 12-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
If there's no deer,how did they find 30 illegal bucks?
beats me, they where all under the antler restriction tho, which is 3 on one side. so they wiped out a good amount of the young bucks. I hunted there 3 days solid and saw 1 doe. So did many other hunters. If you ever hunted there you would know.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA
beats me, they where all under the antler restriction tho, which is 3 on one side. so they wiped out a good amount of the young bucks. I hunted there 3 days solid and saw 1 doe. So did many other hunters. If you ever hunted there you would know.

I live less than a mile from the Elk county line and do about 50% of my deer hunting in that county.I have a pretty good idea what it's like.There is no way that the PGC picked up 30 sub legal AR bucks.Someone's feeding you a line.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

I saw two bucks taking out of the area I hunted Monday. One legal six, and one illegal six.
30 illegal in a few PGC trucks is highly probable in my neck of the state.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
I live less than a mile from the Elk county line and do about 50% of my deer hunting in that county.I have a pretty good idea what it's like.There is no way that the PGC picked up 30 sub legal AR bucks.Someone's feeding you a line.
well im not sure time will tell, this guy owns the Forest lodge, previously the pigeon loft. He took a real nice buck up there last year and passed on 4 legal bucks this year, he is the one who told me. I hunted pigs ear if you know where that is. I saw a doe, thats it out of 3 days of hunting. kinda disapointing.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like you, I have only seen one deer after 3 days of hunting in 5C. I walked for 3 hrs. this morning in the best cover and deer habitat in the state and didn't see any fresh rubs or scrapes, no beds, and no fresh droppings. Every year I look forward to a couple of meals of venison liver and fried onions,but killing a doe would be contributing to the end of deer hunting in 5C.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Although I haven't connected with a buck yet, our family has done very well this year. We have taken 6 buck the smallest was 17" Spread, the largest 21.5" Spread, all 8 thru 10 point buck. I am heading out tomorrow again, hopefully it's my turn!

Good luck to all!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

In 4 days of hunting I saw 21 deer total, passed on a dink legal buck the first day. Wed. after the rain I caught a big 8 in his bed but couldn't get to a position to get a clean shot before he took off . Ran into 4 doe the rest of that day. Today I ran into 5 doe. I can't complain, I may not harvest a buck but I'am having a great time trying.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by oldshedhunter35
I'm wondering deer.....Are you bragging or complaining....In Va you get 6 deer 3 turkey and a bear on the same license.I'm lucky enough to get to hunt both Pa & Va...
Im bragging! gotta one up ya though, we get 4 turkeys and a bear plus we can transfer 2 doe tags so we can actually take upto 7 deer, wahoo!

(Too bad we just elected another doochbag for a governor though)
Old 12-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

In some countys in Northen Va you can kill does until March and get as many doe tags as you need
Old 12-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
Like you, I have only seen one deer after 3 days of hunting in 5C. I walked for 3 hrs. this morning in the best cover and deer habitat in the state and didn't see any fresh rubs or scrapes, no beds, and no fresh droppings. Every year I look forward to a couple of meals of venison liver and fried onions,but killing a doe would be contributing to the end of deer hunting in 5C.
Yet you continue to hunt the same small area year after year where you've been complaining about no deer for the past 7 years.It's a mystery why anyone would hunt an area where they're convinced there's no deer.A few weeks ago you make almost the exact same post.Then why continue to hunt there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.