Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
He finaly showed up >

He finaly showed up

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

He finaly showed up

Old 12-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

600 yds DRT is something to be proud of. 90% of the world's population could not have made that shot with the optics you were using. You should mount it and be proud as heck!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Angry

congrats on the deer. But I give you an "F" for hunter ethics. As mentioned above. You should never shot at a deer walking away. Secondly you should never take a shot on a deer further than you have practiced shooting. Maybe it's just me, but I have too much respect for Whitetails to wing a crappy shot at them and potentially wound them so yotes can take them down to a painful death.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which shot hit him in the rear leg?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default Thanks

Second shot took out the left rear leg and he went straight down .
Yes I do respect the game I chase and ralize there are risks .
Without the BDC scope on my gun I would not have attempted the shot .
Maybe you disbelievers nead to think abought upgrading your scope or maybe just arent confident in your shooting abilities ??
Can you stand there and say you NEVER had to shoot a big game animal a second time ??
All other compliments appreciated ...

Last edited by TRACKER; 12-03-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Have a NIKON monarch 4-16x42 with bdc and have plotted spot on for my round printed it and put it on my mag and still wouldn't take a 600 yard shot on a deer. Must have looked like a tic tac in your 3-9. what ev though. I'm not here to judge, just giving my 2cents . Think it was more luck than anything. I've shoot out to 400 yards regularly with .300 wsm and .243wssm and it still amazes me how much of a factor cross wind can be. where u shooting from a tree stand, gree hand, or bench.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Spike

Your lucky day.congrats.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pm,s have there place...

Originally Posted by Kirch
Have a NIKON monarch 4-16x42 with bdc and have plotted spot on for my round printed it and put it on my mag and still wouldn't take a 600 yard shot on a deer. Must have looked like a tic tac in your 3-9. what ev though. I'm not here to judge, just giving my 2cents . Think it was more luck than anything. I've shoot out to 400 yards regularly with .300 wsm and .243wssm and it still amazes me how much of a factor cross wind can be. where u shooting from a tree stand, gree hand, or bench.
I was in an enclosed tree stand .
I had a solid front rest and sholdering rear .
The air was calm with almost no breeze .
The wind that was moving was headed directly at me .
Yes he was a small target and Yes as I stated LUCK was on my side ,
Would I do it over again in the same senario ??
Sorry but I wouldnt of changed a thing .
I,m not just a crack shooter and I do have a ton of respect for the animals I hunt or put down .
I shoot regularly at 100 , 200, and some 300 yard shots .
Believe me I will be shooting out to 600 yards next spring, testing , wind, ammo, etc,
I,m not on here to bash anyine here and I dont ,
But if you have any negative comments or sugestions you should consider PM,s ....
Old 12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by headhunter353
Your lucky day.congrats.
I definetly agree it was my lucky day...
Old 12-06-2010, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Tracker,
Based on your first post it sounded to me like you were just winging out shots. however, now that I see the scenario. box blind, wind, you shot out to 300 yards etc and know your BDC equipment. You were talking a chance, but everything for a 600 yard shot was in your favor. congrats. sorry I came off the wrong way. just seemed like one of those "head shot on deer posts".

anyway, congrats and sorry to turn this post to crap on you.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

congrats... that is a fine buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.