Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY hunters--blaze orange >

NY hunters--blaze orange

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY hunters--blaze orange

Old 07-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NY hunters--blaze orange

I always thought that " Orange" was madatory in the Southern Zone, but optional in the Northern Zone.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:10 AM

nope, opptonial, as it should be, next they will tell us no climbing trees, its for your
own good, mantitory is not the issue here, its choice, and you people have to see
this, because were will it stop, [:@]
Old 07-22-2003, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

I guess they have nothing better to do than make decissions for us[:@]If I want to hunt in camo its my choice not some yahoo in Albany that probably dosn' t even hunt.I think NY has a pretty good saftey record.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

I wear orange during gun, but not archery
Old 07-22-2003, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

I think we should wear orange during gun season.

Heck I wear camo too like alot of us, but I also wear an orange hat and vest to be safe.

I really don' t see the problem?
Old 07-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

Catskillhuntr, I' ll tell you the problem,If I want to run around the woods without orange on it should be my choice,not someone elses choice .If some one can' t identify their target before shooting they shouldn' t be hunting!If that does happen I guess it will be my own fault![>:]
Old 07-23-2003, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

DVD

If you want to be that ignorant and take the chance of being shot...by all means do so.

But it' s not the smart thing to do, and nobody is telling you to do anything. It the state looking out for the welfare of its hunting participants.

You are looking at it all wrong.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:50 AM

Catskill, no your looking at it all wrong, we all have the sence to put on blaze orange, we dont need the state to tell us that, did you read my other post about
the tree stands? does that make any sence to you, I can think of a dozen other
thing that could be dangerous while hunting, is all that going to be taken away one day, law makers love people like your self, because they think there looking at
for your best intrest, when in fact there telling you your to stupid to make your
own disisions, dont get mad, just think about it,, were will it stop,, thats
my concern,,
Old 07-23-2003, 07:53 AM

More DAMN laws [:@] that' s all it is, next they will say we can' t use tree stands then it will be we can only hunt with single, shot, guns. What' s after that, we have to have a special lic. to load are guns or carry a knife. This is bullsh** nothing more. What ever happened to people taking responsibility for there actions, why do we have to be constantly baby sat? Next we will have to pick cetain days to hunt then a game officer will have to go with us so he can make sure we are doing everthing correct. Well I hope you hunters that agree with passing more laws are happy today, because tomorrow when they take your right to hunt away I doubt you' ll be singing in the shower. Oh and by the way I do wear orange, but I still think I should have the right to be treated like an adult not a 10 year old.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:38 AM
Fork Horn

Blah! [>:]

Quick Reply: NY hunters--blaze orange

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.