Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
pa trespasser kills bear on my lease >

pa trespasser kills bear on my lease

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa trespasser kills bear on my lease

Old 11-22-2010, 05:35 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skillet01
Found out who was one of the guys that were trespassing and was told "you don't want to mess with him ""he is a Big time red neck" We may have to let this one slide. I don't want to see tree stands and trail cameras comming up missing or worse .
Even more reason to do somethinjg,
Probably other hunting laws he is breaking,
I would let game commission know, cops know(they may already have a file on him).
Would also let land owner know.
Not sure if leasee can press charges, might have to come from land owner.
If land owner doesn't take it seriously then your probably over paying on the lease fee
Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Spike

I called the game commison today and they said that we should have called the police at the time. Then once the police site them for tresspasing the game commison could site them for poaching the bear if it was shot on posted property.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take my advice from a fellow land leasee. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If you let it go it'll continue to happen. My lease started out with several trespassers, 4x4 trucks coming in tearing up the wet holes. I started out by kicking people off, and it continued. I had deer shot on the property, and trail cameras stolen. I had enough. I got in touch with law enforcement on how to handle things. Any time I had a incident I got as much info as possible. I followed 4x4 trucks sometimes to their homes, and got their plate #'s. I got pics of trespassers with hidden trail cams. I carried a disposal camera to snap quick pics of them. Cell phone cams work great. It took a couple yrs, but over the last 3 I've had ZERO problems. People finally got the message I wasn't taking it any longer.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skillet01
I called the game commison today and they said that we should have called the police at the time. Then once the police site them for tresspasing the game commison could site them for poaching the bear if it was shot on posted property.
That's not true at all.A animal is not considered poached just because someone shot it while tresspassing.The truth is,there isn't anything that the PGC can do unless a game law violation took place and tresspassing is not a game law violation.The PGC can only enforce a trespass violation if the violator is breaking a game law.This is a case of the local or state police.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

I used to post and patrol a piece of property and what we did made sure there were no parking spots available except those that we wanted people who had permission could hunt. It was music to our ears when the first morning around 4:30 you heard screeching brakes when the tresspassers learned there was an 1 1/2 " blaze orange cable strung across an entrance.
We had a list of all license plates of vehicles allowed , if it wasn't one that had permission it was towed. We'd call police with plate number of towed vehicle for when owners called and they'd let them know where they could pick up thier vehicle for the $120 towing fee.
After a few towings the word got around and the local low lifes steered clear.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by pats102862
You let it slide, it will get worse. These types need to be knocked down to size.
Tresspass fines get larger every time they are issued. I think sooner or later he would get the hint! Next time calmly call the police and let them handle it!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

I dont know what Big Time Redneck means. It sounds like they meant to say he is a Big Time Dirtbag. You know how bullying works. Until someone stands up to the bully and does something he will just keep bullying. Dont be afraid of what this guy may do because if he is as flagrant as he sounds i cant imagine he is too concerned with safety. Are a few treestands or cameras worth a serious shooting incident or soemone getting killed. Most of these types will push until someone resists them and then once they do they will move on to another area. If you do not do something they will NEVER STOP! JMO
Old 02-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Spike

What part of NW PA. are you talking about. Is it Potter Co?
Old 02-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Their are JERKS every where you go. If you don't have enough I'll send you some ours. Jim
Old 02-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Spike

Talk with the landowner. If he doesn't want to get involved there isn't much you can do since you don't own the land. If he doesn't want to get involved then it looks like you need a new patch of land.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.