Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
pa trespasser kills bear on my lease >

pa trespasser kills bear on my lease

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa trespasser kills bear on my lease

Old 11-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Spike

Default pa trespasser kills bear on my lease

We lease 200 acres in nw pa that we have posted. We have leased it for the past 4 years and pay good money to do so. Well this saturday the neighbors decided they would push out the entire area. They shot a bear on my hunting lease less thant 200 yards from my buddie at 7:30am. The tresspassers laughed at my buddie when he told them whey were on posted property. The continued to hunt on our lease after shooting the bear and shot several more times at another bear at 10am. My friend left the property after hearing the last shots. I was not at the property when this happened my friend told me this late saturday night. In the past we have ran into guys during gun season tresspassing and we told them to make their way off the property. This seams like they knew it was posted and did not care. How would you handle this
Old 11-21-2010, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

don't call the game wardens, more then not they are friends with the locals, call the state police
Old 11-21-2010, 02:59 AM
M92
Spike

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
don't call the game wardens, more then not they are friends with the locals, call the state police
Got to agree with ya there. I don't know if it is this way everywhere, but when I lived in Iowa the DNR guys were as crooked as politicians.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

could u shoot at um?
Old 11-21-2010, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

ENCON officer or SP ... who knows, they could be local LEO for all you know.
Old 11-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA WCO's do not enforce trespass laws. You have to contact whatever law enforcement agency that is responsible for enforcing defiant trespass violations and in a very rural area it would most likely be the state police.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Spike

Found out who was one of the guys that were trespassing and was told "you don't want to mess with him ""he is a Big time red neck" We may have to let this one slide. I don't want to see tree stands and trail cameras comming up missing or worse .
Old 11-22-2010, 01:58 AM
M92
Spike

Do what ya gotta do. But I don't think Id be able to let it go.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skillet01
"you don't want to mess with him ""he is a Big time red neck"
You know Ive been following boxing and mixed martial arts for years, Ive never heard of anyone being trained in "big time redneck", a man is a man.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skillet01
Found out who was one of the guys that were trespassing and was told "you don't want to mess with him ""he is a Big time red neck" We may have to let this one slide. I don't want to see tree stands and trail cameras comming up missing or worse .
You let it slide, it will get worse. These types need to be knocked down to size.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.