Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
pa trespasser kills bear on my lease >

pa trespasser kills bear on my lease

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

pa trespasser kills bear on my lease

Old 02-13-2011, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

The only way to have people respect your property lines is to pinch the first person you catch on there. And if you catch another person, pinch them. That's the only way to keep people out. It sucks, because you hate to be like that, but unless you get a backbone, you might as well drop your lease.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

If there is no real chance of deer stepping on it, you can make a spike strip to put across any access roads, will really PO anyone who isn't supposed to bring a vehicle there. otherwise call the cops any time they tresspass while you are there. I too am a big time redneck, to the point where if you don't move or take down your trail cameras i'd find a way to modify them to bolt to the tree and or make it painful for the wrong person to take down.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

big time redneck..puhhh leeze
cal the fricken cops.
if you have a lease, you have control over trespass, just like if you rent a house, you can file a trespass on a person if you want too. dont need a land owner.
call the police, ask them to place a trespass on the neighbor, then you will have 1 on file already, dont wait to see them again, do it now. they wont say they cant, cause they have to issue a trespass even if they dont see the person on your property.
could be unknown to you, that its the land owner..so ya could lose your lease. they dont like when ya try and put a trespass against them on their own property lol
Old 02-14-2011, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

as others said,
call the cops and game commission
cops investigate the tresspassing, PGC follow up on the poaching,
they can and will work together,
PA has different levels of tresspasing,
from simple tresspassing for non posted properties
and criminal tresspassing on posted properties.
if posted , that is your notification,, no need to confront them to remind them,
if you know who is doing it, let the cops and pgc know,
as they will keep a look out while driving by and on patrol,
Old 02-15-2011, 07:49 AM
dms
Spike

The property where I hunt is owned by a real stickler for trespassing and his other rules. Deer have to have at least eight points, no doe hunting and some others. He has had people cited for trespassing. He also has told family and friends (son and a best friend) not to come back hunting because they shot doe. His land, he pays the taxes, his call. You do not want to trespass on his land, it will cost you some cash. Deer hunting is fair, turkey hunting is unreal on the property.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Spike

No the property is in erie county. I ran into a guy a few weeks ago on a job site and got to talking hunting. Turns out he used to work with the guys that were tresspassing and actually hunted our lease years ago. As we finished talking he said oh buy the way you will never shoot a monster buck on your lease. I said why is that. He said because the tresspassers shoot them out of season. He said trust me i worked with them for 8 years, they do some shadey stuff.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Spike

"He said because the tresspassers shoot them out of season. He said trust me i worked with them for 8 years, they do some shadey stuff."

All the more reason to call the state police and press charges it is not going to get any better if not then I would not lease the property any more and move on to another location.