Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Illegal Hunters!!! >

Illegal Hunters!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Illegal Hunters!!!

Old 11-19-2010, 04:17 AM
Spike

Default Illegal Hunters!!!

Just have to vent a little bit fellas & ladies!!! I hunt on the eastern shore of Maryland.

And I don't know if this happens to any of you but, I am tired of hearing slug guns firing left and right when gun season isn't even in yet. During youth day fine. If you have crop damage permits fine. But, for the amount of shooting I hear... there would have to be one hell of an amount of crop damage permits.

I have had 4 bucks this year come within range of me only to be hindered by limbs due to the fact I am using a crossbow. They all could of been downed with a gun at any point. So all of those opponents to MD passing the crossbow rule this year... apparently we have bigger fish to fry. How about attacking the hunters who don't even bother to follow the game laws first!!!! I am not a hunter who shoots anything that walks in front of him... my choice here. Yesterday while I was letting a 9 Pt I have been hunting all season walk due to a poor shot with a crossbow, I hear 2 slugs go off across the road from where I hunt. Enough to drive you nuts.

I am raising 2 young boys and they ask me all the time who could be shooting daddy!!! There is something to be said for the hunter who puts his time, money, & effort into making the most of his hunting property and doing things according to the law!!!!!

I am not a person who rats on other hunters to DNR.. guess I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for letting me rant though!!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

there prolly sighting in there guns
Old 11-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Shots every night around my house especially on weekends sighting in even though its getting super expensive 15 bucks for 5 shells ouch
Old 11-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

quit your bit chn if you're not going to report these people

I read an article recently, the dnr busts guys for trespassing etc...and they ask, are you willing to prosecute? if the answer is no, they won't even bother chasing guys off land.

If the guy is illegally hunting, report the activity and see what they find out.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Several legal reasons:

- sighting in guns
- other hunting is open: upland game, small game, waterfowl
- shooters out having fun
Old 11-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Spike

I know every time you hear a shot you are thinking, "That was a poacher!!" You have to hear the shot and think "Someone is over there getting dialed in!!" I like to hear people dialing in their weapons. It means there are still people with enough respect to make sure they are going to be able to take an ethical shot.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Spike

Well,I've been squirrel hunting and practice shooting for the last 2 weeks so....

(not trying to be a smartasss)

But what I do on my land is my business.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by The Apple
I know every time you hear a shot you are thinking, "That was a poacher!!" You have to hear the shot and think "Someone is over there getting dialed in!!" I like to hear people dialing in their weapons. It means there are still people with enough respect to make sure they are going to be able to take an ethical shot.
they seem to dial them in with a single shot just before dark last day of archery in my area last couple years !! it obvious what they are doing .. hard to catch when your in a tree with what your suppose to be hunting with
Old 11-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Spike

Wow thats a wide range of comments!!! To shed a little more light on the issue here. Caught them last week. Heard a single shot again at dark, saw them gutting a deer in headlights of a 4 wheeler as I was leaving my land.

They weren't on my property so I guess according to the gentleman from TN, this is none of my business. Not sighting guns in at dusk with a single shot!!!!!! Whats worse is the guy had his young son with him!!! To each his own I guess. At least chances of them seeing many more deer are slim unless they spotlight also. They have already killed 3 to my best guess thios way. No more shots since then. Deer must be getting smarter!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Spike

TN308...you couldn't have said it better!

"But what I do on my land is my business"

Had a few friends up a few months ago and we were shooting for about 3 hours. On my 40 acres into the side of a hill totally in a controlled environment. Yet 3 days later I received a phone call from my neighbor on my right complaining about the gun fire! This is the same guy for the past 3 years had his family up plinking .22's in god knows every direction and I never said a thing!

Wish you could have heard what I said to him on the phone!

Be Safe and Good Luck this season guys!
BTW...for the record...I am totally against taking anything out of season with the wrong weapon!

Last edited by Tony13804; 11-23-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.