Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
#2 in the WORLD and a new PA State Record Black Bear >

#2 in the WORLD and a new PA State Record Black Bear

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

#2 in the WORLD and a new PA State Record Black Bear

Old 11-19-2010, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

I honestly don't think that the PGC will do anything to this guy, unless ofcourse it was shot in a safety zone or baited in as sproulman said. Afterall, the bear was in the wild which makes it fair game. However, that does not make it right nor ethical to shoot the bruin if the hunter knew the history of that particular animal. I also believe that this kill should not be entered into the record books given the background of this bear.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bow-4-It
I honestly don't think that the PGC will do anything to this guy, unless ofcourse it was shot in a safety zone or baited in as sproulman said. Afterall, the bear was in the wild which makes it fair game. However, that does not make it right nor ethical to shoot the bruin if the hunter knew the history of that particular animal. I also believe that this kill should not be entered into the record books given the background of this bear.
bloody twinkie and soda and LOWERING his sugar is disturbing.with the 50yard rule now for ARCHERY a bear can be real close to home too and harvested.
would i have done it,NO but i see people like this all time.some shot 37 pd cubs also and are very proud.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

There is no defending 9 shots with the bow by 3 hunters in my mind. I have a vision of the bear in a tree with the guys just winging arrows into it. Info still sounds sketchy, did the hunter know the bears history? If he didn't or if he just knew of a big bear roaming around, I see no problem taking the bear legally on public hunting grounds. It kills me to try and defend him at all but thats the only argument I can make. If my neighbors were feeding a huge buck, and I didn't know they were feeding it, all i would know is there was a monster frequenting the area. I'm sure Im not the only one who would set up on public land within the vicinity in hopes it walked by. Now if i knew it was a buck that was tame and hand fed and petted, then no way in heck could i hunt it. Just my 2 cents, hopefully the guy was oblivious to how tame it really was
Old 11-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GPMD
There is no defending 9 shots with the bow by 3 hunters in my mind. I have a vision of the bear in a tree with the guys just winging arrows into it. Info still sounds sketchy, did the hunter know the bears history? If he didn't or if he just knew of a big bear roaming around, I see no problem taking the bear legally on public hunting grounds. It kills me to try and defend him at all but thats the only argument I can make. If my neighbors were feeding a huge buck, and I didn't know they were feeding it, all i would know is there was a monster frequenting the area. I'm sure Im not the only one who would set up on public land within the vicinity in hopes it walked by. Now if i knew it was a buck that was tame and hand fed and petted, then no way in heck could i hunt it. Just my 2 cents, hopefully the guy was oblivious to how tame it really was
yes, hunters knew bears history.BOZO also loved TWINKIES AND SODA.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Typical Buck

Trophy is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

http://thedailyreview.com/news/875-p...n-pa-1.1066449

Here is an artical written in our local paper about this bear
Old 11-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really can't say I blame the hunters (especially after I read that newspaper article).

Unless there were some extinuating circumstance, that bear probably should have been returned to the wild (perhaps re-located) or at least harassed from human contact long ago.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

the bears friend LEROY was on tv today.he is sick about it.
the hunters said,WE DID NOT KNOW THE BEAR WAS TAME OR IT WAS LEROYS FRIEND.
well,thats lie.1 said they knew it and admitted they were hunting BOZO for 5 yrs .

funny, hunter needed a twinkie/soda to hunt with do to his dieabetic problem.
THATS GOOD ONE!

Last edited by sproulman; 11-24-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

The bear was fed left overs from a local restaraunt, knocked on the door for ice cream, and was hand fed doughnuts by Leroy. I disagree with the PGC's rule on allowing archery hunting them 50 yards from dumpsters, bird feeders, or doughnut shops. I'm also against good ole boy Leroy, USDA inspected food establishment "Petrizzo's", and others that were feeding this bruin for the past 17 years.

Last edited by PAThwacker; 11-23-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Today's article in the pocono record is bragging about the potential values of the bear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.