Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Vermont Hunters - Field updates please! >

Vermont Hunters - Field updates please!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Vermont Hunters - Field updates please!

Old 11-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Spike

Default Vermont Hunters - Field updates please!

Anybody have any updates on conditions out there?
Old 11-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

Sat from sun up to sundown.... saw 5 deer at 6:15am all doe, and then a spike at 5pm. My Uncle got a nice 7pt hunting across the way from me. Also two 8 pts were shot in the area. Ill try to post a pic of the 7 pt tonight or tom.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Spike

7 of us hunted all day, shot 2 four pointers, saw 5 spikes between us all one that was easy 200 pounds.. started off frosty 19degrees got up to 55 they claim.

saw almost no doe, this shooting of 3 doe a year is really dropping herd populations, and letting bucks with screwed up genetics live, spikes that are 3 years old being kept alive to breed those genetics on...not smart.

oh well, tomorrow is another day and there are 2,900 doe tags for our hunt unit alone come december after they are bred so at least we will have less deer next year!