Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 ANY WESTERN NEWYORK BOYS >

ANY WESTERN NEWYORK BOYS

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ANY WESTERN NEWYORK BOYS

Old 07-21-2003, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ANY WESTERN NEWYORK BOYS

Im gonna be in Caledonia, only a town over

Ive got some family prorperty to hunt on. But the group Im with also has access to property along the thruway. Good luck getting property in Scottsville. Theyve got some big deer there, esp off the Genesee river, and river rd.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Phade,you just sank my battleship! Excellent big buck area.Maybe I know your friends that hunt that area.
Old 07-21-2003, 02:16 PM

Yeah I' ll need some luck to get into an area down there, but no harm in trying. I lived down there a few years ago and used to see quite a few deer and some nice bucks, good farm country. just going to be happy to be closer to my other hunting area' s instead of living in the city. I wish I could have gotten a house this year but I' m going to be in an apartment. Hopefully I' ll be able to shoot more often and scout more too. They have an archery shop right in Caledonia thats decent and has a range, maybe we' ll run into each other there. I like the idea of a get together. I' ll have to check out that river rd., I' d also like to check out North rd. i use to drive that alot and remember seeing a real brusier on there one day - it runs parallel to the thruway, maybe your friends hunt that area.

Eric

Old 07-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Right on the river, they shot a 160-180 class typical two or three years ago. And I know the archery shop well, it is a small town after all. Good people there.
The personal family property I have acess to is large, but only has small sections of woods, however I can bring whomever I want along. Its already set up with three stands in awesome locations. Id gladly share for a chance to hunt in other places in Livingston or the surrounding areas.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:06 AM

Hello from east of Western New York (Delaware County). A get together sounds like a great idea.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:37 PM

Phade,
The land I hunt by Hemlock and Canadice is all public land - surounding both lakes - not too much pressure in bow season. Its pretty decent and we see some big bucks down there and it has a good population. Turkeys too if you hunt those, but they take some work to find. If your ever interested in checking it out let me know. I certainly wouldn' t expect anything in return, it' s public land after all. If I get permission for any new area' s where I can take people I' ll let you know. The other land I hunt in Monroe is leased and regulated so I can' t bring anyone there - too bad because it' s really good land. If you want to get together and shoot sometime after the 1st of september - let me know.

Eric
Old 07-30-2003, 06:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-31-2003, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Erie county here!!