Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Cant Believe lack of Movement !!! >

Cant Believe lack of Movement !!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cant Believe lack of Movement !!!

Old 11-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default Cant Believe lack of Movement !!!

My son and I have hunted 4 days most all day except 2 hr lunch break. These areas I have tons of bucks and does on trail cams. In my last 36 hrs I havent seen a deer and my son has seen only 2 doe. These areas have always produced lots of sightings during the chase phase of the rut I am truly getting frustrated Anybody else in such a slump i live in western ny and have been hunting near Lockport and Newfane. I was fortunate enough on day 3 to watch my 14 yr old son take his first archery buck but since then not even close to getting a shot. Hell i would be happy just to see one right know
Old 11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

ya idk i saw alot of chasing last week and have seen a couple does this week idk whats goin on
Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reports from a few buddies seems to be the same wierd for this time of year
Old 11-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Spike

Daytime deer activity has been down all over the northeast. It is nice to have multiple areas/regions to hunt. There are hotspots and finding them is the hard (or fun) part. Last year our hill with oaks was hot and our hill with apples was not. Just the opposite this year.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Spike

Bucks are locked onto Does right now. I watched a buck guarding a bedded doe in the middle of a cut soybean field at 11:30 am this morning. A small buck was trying to get in on the action. Yesterday a friend of mine in the city had a doe and a buck bedded in her backyard inside a fenced-in enclosure. It appears as though breeding is occurring ahead of schedule, just like everything else in nature this year.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

its been the same with me. saw a couple at the beginning but havnt seen any since
Old 11-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Spike

Same thing in Delaware County...plenty of Bucks on the trail camera but only seeing a few Does during the day. Hopefully the Rut and the added Hunter's in the woods during gun season will push them around!
Good Luck...Be safe!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

bucks are locked down with the does now
Old 11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

This is the first year in Orange County that we've got an abundance of acorns. I see more deer in the morning than in the afternoon, but at least 5 or six a day, with a couple of bucks thrown in, 8 bucks in all. It's amazing how one area can produce one year, or even one week, and just shut down the next. Best of luck to ya and hope the rut starts to shift things around for you.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

Who knows for sure why things are the way they are. Here in NH atleast for me anyways, Saturday & Sunday two of my hunting spots were on fire with buck & doe movement. Was hunting with four buddies and we all seen plenty of action. I actually took a nice 11 pointer 192 Lbs "new avitar" & one of the guys took a smaller 3 point buck within 1/2 hour apart. One of the other guys took a shot at a nice six but missed and had a doe in range just minutes before.

Maybe it has something to do with the buck to doe ratio in different area's. Could it be more doe consentration in certian area's tend to have less deer movement because the buck's don't really have to seek as hard? Just thinking here! If your sitting in a stand you just may have to get on the ground and go look for the doe's. During pre-rut good rule of thumb, find the doe's and you will find the buck's right? This may sound contradicting, but I took mine on the ground but than again my other two buddies were in stands. But buy the same token our buck to doe ratio is pretty balanced too.

Though I do stand hunt also, I have definitely killed more deer ground hunting than stand hunting by a wide margin.

I would be curious to hear what other here feel about this theory, that's all it is really!

Last edited by 7MMXBOLT; 11-09-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.