Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Cant Believe lack of Movement !!! >

Cant Believe lack of Movement !!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cant Believe lack of Movement !!!

Old 11-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Here in central NY, I havent been seeing much either and my buddies have said the same thing. Figures I took this week off from work and the action is slow. Oh well a bad day hunting is better than a good day at work.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default My guess is ..

Well the weather is warm during the day here but in the 20,s at night .
With the new moon 1/2 here now my prediction is by Monday this will realy pick up .
I,d say be in the woods Especialy by mid week ....
Old 11-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by TRACKER
Well the weather is warm during the day here but in the 20,s at night .
With the new moon 1/2 here now my prediction is by Monday this will realy pick up .
I,d say be in the woods Especialy by mid week ....

Agreed, with such clear nights, makes night movement really easy for deer

then again on my way out today around 2PM I saw fields loaded with deer grazing. Thats what I really thought to myself "something is right this yeaR"

I did witness a button (or a spike) mount a doe this evening. and that I confirmed things are ahead of schedule.

not a lot of movement. no big boys in sight, and a bunch of little guys running around, I just cant seem to pick the right tree for the right time of day.

and it was also 60 degrees by the time i sweated my arse off shimmying up my tree today too, which isnt helping matters..

im normally tagged out minus my gun season buck tag by now.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Spike

The deer are already breeding now in NY, if you looking for bucks crossing for dowse that activity will be sporadic at the most they are getting what they want now and wont be moving much, they are bedded together and not moving, I would be hunting the travel rotes from food to the bedding now and not looking for bucks crossing the ridges.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default Perect 20 degree mornings

Last few days just seams almost perfect for deer travel .
I,m not sure why with all the does I,m seeing I havent at least got a few looks at some nice bucks .
I,m only seeing spikes and sporadikly... woops....
Our weather has been 20.s at night and 40,s during the day ..
With these cold clear crisp nights you would think the bucks would be pushing the does around threw mid day ??
Some are claiming its happenning now and the bucks are locked down,,
I dont believe thats the case in my area ..
I,m guessing like I said earlier anytime after Monday its on .
Now we have a storm comming in on Wednesday ..
Watch the change ,,,
Old 11-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lockdown!!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I did bow hunt the last week in Oct: not much in deer movement 2 does in 5 days
I am heading up Tuesday for 4 days in bow up in Han**** and Saturday in chenango county for a week of gun.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

Thought I'd update my thread finally after 56 hrs on stand I finally saw my first deer. I was able to make a good shot and give this 7 pointer a ride home on the wheeler. He was a fighter and came in all bristled up looking for a fight as I had rattled a few minutes prior. Shot was 23 yards and I decided to try the rage heads even though Im a cut on contact (magnus) kinda guy. Head took a beating all bent up but it did leave a rather nice blood trail. As a side note after I shot this deer he ran right at my sons stand which is about 100 yards away. He heard him running and turned and watched him stop at 30 yds he thought he was going to get a shot as he was getting ready to draw only to watch him tip over. We had a pretty good laugh about that. Not my biggest by far but definately my most well deserved. Hope sightings are better Sat Morn Good luck all and be safe !!!!!!!!!! unfortunately it says my pic is too big tried all i had sorry
Old 11-18-2010, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

just not here in the NorthEast but also out in the mid-west, I have a small semi-guided business out there in West Central Illinois, but partner is out there with some clients, seeing deer but there is a lack of movement
Old 11-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Its realy kicked in

Here in Northeastern NY I seen 3 racked bucks in 3 days ..
Tonight I had a buck chasing a doe around , Just to far for a shot ...