Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Cant Believe lack of Movement !!! >

Cant Believe lack of Movement !!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cant Believe lack of Movement !!!

Old 11-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

We've been seeing the big boys out where I hunt South of Rochester. Counted 3-4 shooters on the way to the stand just last week. Also have seen 3-4 good bucks guarding does that were almost ready, including a really nice 10 pointer. Bucks were moving pretty good this past sat. morning where we hunt. Movement is happening where we hunt.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had good activity today. Lot's of grunting and chasing. All small buck though, but still fun to be in the middle of.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default Mostly doe

Here in Notheastern NY I,ve been seeing a bunch of doe and fawns .
Although I have a nice trail cam picture of a buck I,ve only seen a spike and a 4 pointer all season.
Ive been hunting everyday since October , bow , muzzlloader and last 3 weeks rifle ..
Only ation I had was a spike chasing a doe on 2 different days ..
I usualy see anywhere from 2 to 10 doe in the morning and 10 to 20 in the evening , although it veries some , I,m just not sure why the bigger bucks arent after them ???
I did shoot coydog yeterday after I spotted it draging a dead dear 80 yards from my stand 1/2hr before dark ....
Old 11-10-2010, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's not been much movement in my area either.I don't know whats up with all the North winds either.Definitely not the norm around here!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just came home lastnight from 5 straight days bowhunting at my camp in 7m. I saw 6 bucks in 5 days. Only one I'd considered taking, rest were all small bucks. I watched a small 3pt attempting to chase down a doe. She came running by, and he was was trying to tail her, circling woods looking to pickup her scent until got back on her trail. I also watched a lone doe walk in, and stop dead where a spike had been just mins before rubbing on a tree. She got nervous, and trotted off. Ton of scrapes showed up for the 2nd time yesterday. I believe bucks are def. ready, and the doe just are not. But could be any day now in my area.
Last wk. I never saw a deer, and my trail cam picks showed deer moving at night.
So hang in there it'll happen.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Typical Buck

This weekend coming up will have alot of deer movement. I guarantee it. PM me if you shoot a buck!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's been much to warm in south central Pa. Deer were moving late in the evening. This little cool shot we are getting now seems to have some moving, but the big ones are still holding up in the thick stuff until dark since the corn is down. Maybe the full rut will bring some more action.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default I,m thinking soon

Like I stated Ive been seeing a ton of does and 2 small bucks .
The only chasing was a spike after a doe a couple days ago.
I havent seen a nice racked buck in a while .(2 years ).
Very abnormal for my area .
I will say this .This year has been 100% better for me anyways as far as deer sightings .
Last year I averaged around 5 or 6 deer per day hunting and thats morning and evening hunts ,
This year I average abought 15 to 18 per day ...
All these does , and apparently there not in estrus yet or all hell would cut loose .
I believe the bucks are ready its just in my area at least there lying low .
The new moon is comming fast so I,d say by mid week next week it should realy kick in .
Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Thought Id check back in I have sucessfully completed over 48 hrs on stand w/ out seeing so much as a doe. My son whos 14 and shot a young deer 3 rd day of season Had shot ops in ground blind wed night had two young fawns 1 still had a few spots in at 7 yds wed but he obviously didnt shoot. We completely moved to a new farm last night I set him up in a little funnel moving from hardwoods to brush and he saw a spike at 20yd chose not to take him either. The closest thing i have had to me was a pope and young squirrel and the other night I had a giant of an owl land in tree right next to me just b4 I got down that was cool he was huge wing span had to be 7 ft. At least the kid is seeing a couple to keep his interest peeked im flat perplexed closest ive come to releasing an arrow this year is when i knocked mine off the rest. Just received word as i write this my buddy just connected with a good eight so maybe things they are a gonna change
Old 11-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

lack of movement here in Northwestern NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.