Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunters

Old 11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Along those same lines,it's ridiculous for someone to hunt an areas previously scouted that has little sign or few deer.Once again,it's not up to the PGC to see that the deer herd is spread evenly accross the state
No, it is not ridiculous for me to hunt an area with little sign. I am hunting an area with good cover and an unlimited food supply where the deer do not have to move to different areas to find food or cover. This area has had reasonably good hunting until herd reduction took it's toll and left us with the worst hunting since the deer became established in this area in the 60's. Therefore, there is little reason to move to a new area with worse habitat and unknown deer density.

Furthermore, I no longer want to kill a deer bad enough to travel long distances and spend a lot of money just to kill a doe or two. So my choice is to either hunt the 300+ acres I have access to or quit. And ,if I quit 6 other hunters will also quit and my 13 yr. old niece won't have anyone to take her hunting, but I have no doubt that doesn't concern you one bit.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

No,it doesn't concern me that you flat out refuse to hunt any other area.That's your choice but you have no reason to complain.On top of that,there isn't one county or twp for that matter that doesn't have decent hunting.It shouldn't cost anyone any money to find a decent place to hunt in Pa.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

No,it doesn't concern me that you flat out refuse to hunt any other area.That's your choice but you have no reason to complain

That is just your uninformed ignorant opinion unsupported by the facts. I belong to a hunting club that posts around 600 acres of deer habitat. One landowner has banned all deer hunting for two years and another has banned doe hunting. You have no idea what it is like to hunt in an area with intense hunting pressure since you are benefiting from the PGC's deer mismanagement which reduced hunting pressure in you area to next to nothing. You have no idea what it is like to have 10 hunters on 100 acres the first day of buck season or 125 doe tags PFSM. The maximum in 2g was 12 tags PFSM.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have seen good rutting activity and lot's of dink buck. I have also seen three buck which I would call shooters and have trail camera pictures of a couple more shooters. Just couldn't close the deal with the bow. Hopefully I can catch up with one of them in rifle season.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
That is just your uninformed ignorant opinion unsupported by the facts. I belong to a hunting club that posts around 600 acres of deer habitat. One landowner has banned all deer hunting for two years and another has banned doe hunting. You have no idea what it is like to hunt in an area with intense hunting pressure since you are benefiting from the PGC's deer mismanagement which reduced hunting pressure in you area to next to nothing. You have no idea what it is like to have 10 hunters on 100 acres the first day of buck season or 125 doe tags PFSM. The maximum in 2g was 12 tags PFSM.

You're right,I have no idea what it's like to have 60 some hunters per square mile.I wouldn't hunt an area like that and with that kind of extreme pressure,I wouldn't expect the deer to stick around that long.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

DougE every time you post you stick your foot in your mouth. When will you finally realize that there are many more hunters than you out there and they are having a very tough time finding deer in PA. You say you only have 4 days to hunt but according to you there are more deer per acre in the same area no one else is seeing. Either all the other hunters are liars or someone else is. sorry but the facts speak for themselves. PA is a poor place to hunt deer in no matter how you tell your tales. Keep posting and we will all keep laughing.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're right,I have no idea what it's like to have 60 some hunters per square mile.I wouldn't hunt an area like that and with that kind of extreme pressure,I wouldn't expect the deer to stick around that long.
So you hunt areas with good habitat, lots of deer and low hunting pressure because it is easy to kill unpressured deer, but you wouldn't be willing to hunt deer if there was a lot of hunting pressure.I'd say you just admitted you are benefiting from the PGC's mismanagement of our herd and hunters as I have pointed out on several occasions.

Now if you were really interested in improving the habitat in 2G you would be killing deer in areas with poor habitat and poor regeneration since there are lots of areas with poor regeneration even with low deer densities. But,I guess that would require more effort than you are willing to put forth.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vapahunter
DougE every time you post you stick your foot in your mouth. When will you finally realize that there are many more hunters than you out there and they are having a very tough time finding deer in PA. You say you only have 4 days to hunt but according to you there are more deer per acre in the same area no one else is seeing. Either all the other hunters are liars or someone else is. sorry but the facts speak for themselves. PA is a poor place to hunt deer in no matter how you tell your tales. Keep posting and we will all keep laughing.
Where did I say anything about how many deer per acres there is anywhere?I never even brought it up.Pa is not a poor place to hunt.It is if you hunt the same spot year after year that you know has little sign.Far too many people do that and then complain.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
So you hunt areas with good habitat, lots of deer and low hunting pressure because it is easy to kill unpressured deer, but you wouldn't be willing to hunt deer if there was a lot of hunting pressure.I'd say you just admitted you are benefiting from the PGC's mismanagement of our herd and hunters as I have pointed out on several occasions.

Now if you were really interested in improving the habitat in 2G you would be killing deer in areas with poor habitat and poor regeneration since there are lots of areas with poor regeneration even with low deer densities. But,I guess that would require more effort than you are willing to put forth.

I never have and never would hunt an area that had more hunters than deer.That would make no sense.Anyone that would do so has no reason to complain.Furthermore,no hunter in this state is forced to hunt under those condition.If you do,it's becasue like you admitted,you choose too.Well,I don't feel bad for you.

I also never claimed to hunt in good habitat with few hunters.I hunt areas that have habitat that's either just starting to recover or areas that have food and cover.That doesn't mean good habitat.In fact,many of the areas have horrible habitat.There may be laurel for cover and a temprary mast crop but there's usually no browse,which deer need.These areas are often good for a short period of time and then there's no deer.That doesn't happen because they all get shot.It happens because once the food source is gone,there's no reason for the deer to be there.I have no guilt shooting as many deer as I can in poor habitat or habitat that's just starting to recover.I do it multiple times every year.So far,this year,I've killed 5 different deer in 4 different areas.I put forth the effort and it pays off,even in a WMU where so many people claim there's no deer.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never have and never would hunt an area that had more hunters than deer.That would make no sense.Anyone that would do so has no reason to complain.Furthermore,no hunter in this state is forced to hunt under those condition.If you do,it's becasue like you admitted,you choose too.Well,I don't feel bad for you.
Wrong again. The hunters in 5C are in fact forced to hunt under those conditions because someone has to do the work of controlling the herd and we wouldn't have such high hunter densities if the PGC didn't issue 125 doe tags PFSM and that means the hunters in 5 C have every right to complain about how the PGC has mismanaged our herd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.