HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   NY rut (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/333261-ny-rut.html)

Capt.H 11-02-2010 06:27 PM

NY rut

Just wondering what my fellow New Yorker have seen as far as sign and activity relating to the rut so far.

shott8283 11-02-2010 09:10 PM

seen some of the smaller younger bucks with their noses on the ground. 4 does come strolling through the hard woods and a fork was in tow about 4 mins behind, and a small 6 point was 3 mins behind him, both nose on the ground.

i was able to change course on the fork with a grunt but i think i was over aggressive and he ran off, proving he's the less dominant in the core area i hunt, i was able to turn the 6 point towards me, and with some aggressive calling, he left his does he was chasing, and a food source and came right into my call, proving to me he may be the king ding-a-ling in the area. havnt seen any of the shooters out yet in daylight, but i seem to spook them off when getting in and out of the woods.

i believe we are in some good pre rut right now, with the beginning of full rut within a week away, as long as the weather stays frosted in the morning and cool during the day.

all i know is i need to get climatized to this weather, b/c it was barely 30 degrees out the other morning and i was frozen to the core, so bad i needed to leave and go home and warm up,

*twodogs* 11-03-2010 07:03 AM

I think we are a week away in Central New York.

TRACKER 11-03-2010 10:19 AM

Northern NY

I havent seen any scrapes, rubs or bucks chasing doe yet .
Believe me if they were I,d see it .
I,m seeing anywhere from 10 to 25 doe and fawns in one evening.
Usualy 2 to 10 in the morning ,,
Had seen a couple spikes aweek or so ago until the neibor :hit: took a shot at one and missed .
What was he thinking , let those poor liitle guys grow a rack...:party0005:

monkeyman2269 11-03-2010 04:17 PM

ive seen some chasin

johnl 11-03-2010 05:00 PM

small bucks are chasing I saw a spike running a doe HARD yesterday but a six point wasn't interested

bigscott 11-04-2010 07:02 AM

been seeing them chase ... i believe next week will be a good one

Nokota 11-04-2010 01:55 PM

Yeah.....next week will be a good one, but it is supposed to go up into the 60's. That's not so good.

bhchunting 11-04-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by TRACKER (Post 3714566)
I havent seen any scrapes, rubs or bucks chasing doe yet .
Believe me if they were I,d see it .
I,m seeing anywhere from 10 to 25 doe and fawns in one evening.
Usualy 2 to 10 in the morning ,,
Had seen a couple spikes aweek or so ago until the neibor :hit: took a shot at one and missed .
What was he thinking , let those poor liitle guys grow a rack...:party0005:

Hey "You can't eat the horns" :guiness:

Livingston County Killer !!!!!!!

bhchunting 11-04-2010 06:35 PM

I've seen some real nice bucks chasing does but the does want nothing to do with it for now. I don't think next week is gonna kick things off with the temps. as high as they will be. But the following week before gunseason starts you better be in the woods. Locked, ****ed and ready to rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livingston County Killer !!!!!!! :devil: