Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY rut

Old 11-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Spike

Default NY rut

Just wondering what my fellow New Yorker have seen as far as sign and activity relating to the rut so far.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

seen some of the smaller younger bucks with their noses on the ground. 4 does come strolling through the hard woods and a fork was in tow about 4 mins behind, and a small 6 point was 3 mins behind him, both nose on the ground.

i was able to change course on the fork with a grunt but i think i was over aggressive and he ran off, proving he's the less dominant in the core area i hunt, i was able to turn the 6 point towards me, and with some aggressive calling, he left his does he was chasing, and a food source and came right into my call, proving to me he may be the king ding-a-ling in the area. havnt seen any of the shooters out yet in daylight, but i seem to spook them off when getting in and out of the woods.

i believe we are in some good pre rut right now, with the beginning of full rut within a week away, as long as the weather stays frosted in the morning and cool during the day.

all i know is i need to get climatized to this weather, b/c it was barely 30 degrees out the other morning and i was frozen to the core, so bad i needed to leave and go home and warm up,
Old 11-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

I think we are a week away in Central New York.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Northern NY

I havent seen any scrapes, rubs or bucks chasing doe yet .
Believe me if they were I,d see it .
I,m seeing anywhere from 10 to 25 doe and fawns in one evening.
Usualy 2 to 10 in the morning ,,
Had seen a couple spikes aweek or so ago until the neibor took a shot at one and missed .
What was he thinking , let those poor liitle guys grow a rack...
Old 11-03-2010, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

ive seen some chasin
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

small bucks are chasing I saw a spike running a doe HARD yesterday but a six point wasn't interested
Old 11-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Spike

been seeing them chase ... i believe next week will be a good one
Old 11-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Spike

Yeah.....next week will be a good one, but it is supposed to go up into the 60's. That's not so good.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by TRACKER
I havent seen any scrapes, rubs or bucks chasing doe yet .
Believe me if they were I,d see it .
I,m seeing anywhere from 10 to 25 doe and fawns in one evening.
Usualy 2 to 10 in the morning ,,
Had seen a couple spikes aweek or so ago until the neibor took a shot at one and missed .
What was he thinking , let those poor liitle guys grow a rack...

Hey "You can't eat the horns"

Livingston County Killer !!!!!!!

Last edited by bhchunting; 11-04-2010 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Spike

I've seen some real nice bucks chasing does but the does want nothing to do with it for now. I don't think next week is gonna kick things off with the temps. as high as they will be. But the following week before gunseason starts you better be in the woods. Locked, ****ed and ready to rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Livingston County Killer !!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.