HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Ontario County, NY Buck down (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/332898-ontario-county-ny-buck-down.html)

Troutman10 10-28-2010 12:38 PM

Ontario County, NY Buck down

Ended up taking a shot on this guy last night about 530 or so. I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do with him and need some help. I could either do a European, Neck Mount or Shoulder Mount. Have a feeling he's a 2.5 year old and I have a bigger one on the wall. Not really knowing what to expect out of a neck mount. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DeerandbearhoG 10-28-2010 01:53 PM

Saaaaaweet! Nice "serpent" browtine. My 2010, 2.5 y/o, 140lbs, 116", 8 point, is at the taxidermist, and Ive killed my share of bucks. (in other words, thats a good NE buck, mount em!)

BuckAlley 10-28-2010 06:24 PM

Personally, I don't think whether to mount a buck or not is always about the size. To me its about the hunt, and looks of the deer itself. So everytime I look at him on the wall I recall the moment, and enjoyment that deer brought. I think that is one good looking rack myself. I like the curves it has, from the tips of the main beams to the last pts. Even the browtines have some neat curves. Thats just a nice looking rack to me. He'd def. go on my wall as a full shoulder mt, in a pose that shows off that rack well!!

hunter60 10-29-2010 08:30 AM

I live in catt. co. With that tine length & body I would think it's 3 1/2 nice buck either way shoulder mount

Canuck33 11-01-2010 06:10 AM

Nice buck bro. I euro mount all of my bucks I haver a couple head mounts but sooner or later you run out of wall space and money. I prefer Euros anyway

nybowhunter 11-01-2010 08:46 AM

Now thats a keeper...nice buck...congrats!

Tony13804 11-01-2010 10:16 AM

Nice Buck...Congratulations! Definitely a wall mount.

I agree with the other post...try and recreate the last position he was in before you dropped his ass!

bhchunting 11-04-2010 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tony13804 (Post 3713009)
Nice Buck...Congratulations! Definitely a wall mount.

I agree with the other post...try and recreate the last position he was in before you dropped his ass!

2nd this !!!!!!!!!!!

Great Buck man !!!!!!!!!!!! :party0007:

Livingston County Killer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huntography 11-04-2010 09:12 PM

Nice buck! Congrats!

Originally Posted by BuckAlley (Post 3711187)
Personally, I don't think whether to mount a buck or not is always about the size. To me its about the hunt, and looks of the deer itself. So everytime I look at him on the wall I recall the moment, and enjoyment that deer brought.

I'm w/ BuckAlley.....it's about the memory of the entire hunt...not just the kill.....