Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY Hunters - Seen any Chasing >

NY Hunters - Seen any Chasing

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Hunters - Seen any Chasing

Old 10-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default NY Hunters - Seen any Chasing

Not me yet, bucks are still hanging together where I am at which is the Central New York area. Not much activity this last weekend, deer sightings for me have been declining since opening day.

Hopefully if the temps start to drop, the action should pick up.

Interested in what others are observing.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Spike

The past two weekends were warm. Deer mostly moved at night...according to game camera. This weekend should be colder!

Good luck!
Tony
Old 10-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Last Sunday i saw a huge bodied 8 pt chasing a doe( she wanted nothing to do with him), and this morning i saw a giant 12 point herding up 3 does in a field about 30 seconds away from my house... Im in 4y by the way.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Spike

12 pointer...Nice!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default 5A

I,m way up in Northeastern NY .
I,ve been seeing 3 times more deer this year then last (2009)
It was pretty warm all last season and never seen a buck chase a doe in Either my area or 8T Southern tier.
I,ve been seeing a ton of doe and fawns .
Also been seeing a couple smell 4 pointers sparring the last week r so , but it looks like just play,, There out there eating with the doe and fawns all the time.
I have a nice buck on my trail camera pics all summer , but I havent got a picture of him in at least 3 weeks .
I watch a very large area with light pressure most of the time and without bull$h1tt1ng I,ve seen up to 27 deer at one time .
Usualy a bought 25 to 30% within range ..
I passed on 4 doe during bow because there fawns were with them and a small doe during muzzleloader season..
That many deer theres got to be a dandy around or will be ..
Old 10-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Spike

Hello Tracker...it's amazing how the Bucks stay hidden and all I've been seeing were the many Doe's with young deer all over the place. It wasn't until I put up the trail camera that I actually got to see what type of racks are in my area. There are a few nice sized 6 pointer's, Coyote's and a monster Bear that are in the area. The locals have been complaining about the Bear's activities and many can't wait to gun season to harvest him! Many Coyote's have been spotted and have been causing havoc on the Deer population the past few years.
I am heading up this Friday with a group of friends and they too have orders to leave the Doe's with young deer alone and concentrate on the Buck's and Coyote's.
Anyway...good luck, be safe and best of hunting to all!
Tony
Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Spike

Just started seeing older deer chasing. The last week or so the young ones have been...
Old 10-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default Coydogs

Oh ya , Theres a few big coydogs running around my place to .
Last few years I took a few out .
Usualy by now I,ve seen at least one or two in person while deer hunting , but I havent yet ,
And yes I have been told there some bruser black bears in my area ..
I,ve been hunting the particular area since 2000 and have not seen a bear or bear sign. I guess thats a good thing ..
One of my big advantages is I,m in close proximity to Miner Instatute ,,
Miner is the inventor of the train knuckle ..
And Millionare,, Not living anymore but his Estate is doing very well .. They do a lot of testing as far as planting crops and agricaltral, test cows, horses etc.
They own hundres of acres of land, woods, creakes, lake, crops, etc, Some is pulic hunting accesable and a lot is not .
So all the big bucks come out of hiding during a good rut and chase the does,
This is the main reason I dont shoot the doe during bow or early muzzle loader ..
Been VERY WARM las 2 days , hit the 70,s aarrrgghhh..
I didnt bother going out ..
Suppose to be 40s, day time and 30,s nite time starting Friday ..
Should satrt getting good soon ,
Old 10-28-2010, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

PLan on seeing the action start to pick up right after Halloween into the 13th of November. This time frame always makes for more deer sightings, especially bucks for me.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Spike

I am also from central new york and not observed any chasing yet. Have been seeing lots of bucks at the one property I hunt, and LOTS of does/fawns at the other. Last week watched two nice eights tangle with each other on and off for about an hour....not very aggressively but they were very focused on each other. Saw a total of five bucks that night. Last night had a big eight come tearing through the woods and shortly after could hear him very aggressively fighting with another buck. Hope to catch up with one of these guys before they do start chasing hard and putting on the miles.

Some guys that hunt the property near me have been seeing lots of chasing. Multiple bucks cruising through hot on the trail of does. Whatever is going on near you its a good time to be in the woods. Goodluck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.