Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY Hunters - Seen any Chasing >

NY Hunters - Seen any Chasing

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Hunters - Seen any Chasing

Old 11-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Spike

Hunted Friday & Saturday...Friday the better day in the AM. Saturday didn't have too much activity. I agree with everyone...hope the cold weather moves them around. Have a couple of nice racks on the game camera's!
Attached Thumbnails NY Hunters - Seen any Chasing-buck.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default does and tinks

Well seen 10 doe and fawns this morning .
Put out a tinks 69 canister on the way to the stand ..
Didnt seam to bither the doe much ..
Although I saw the first coydog today ..
Had him in the cross hairs at abought 80 yards and again at 120 yards, just couldnt pull the trigger ..
I just hate shooting at 8 am when I usualy stay in the stand till 11 or so ..
He ended up pushing ot a couple fawns ,, they ate again for 20 min. or so and headed back in the woods ..
I always get a little nervous using the doe in heat . I,m trying not to spook the doe so they stay around for the bucks to come in ..
Well should only get better from here on in ...
Old 11-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Spike

Was out on Sunday, saw 3 shooter bucks in 3k. Antler restriction are finally paying off. Had a 10 piont come within 10 yards and froze up behind a tree for 5 minutes. Never offered a shot. Than 15 minutes later had a 6 point 10 yards next to me and shot broadside and missed. I don't know how T/F I missed. But I did. Than 15 minutes later had an 8 pointer at 35 yards. Hit him right on the shoulder. the arrow only went in 1" and fell back out. I've never seen an arrow bounce off of bone before. I got skunked on one of my best days in the new york woods I ever had.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Same exact thing happened to my son on a huge rack, 15 yards, steep angle, quartering toward him. He just had the smallest of targets, which he's pretty good at, hit the shoulder bone and the arrow came back clean, broke at the mechanical broadhead screw. The deer ran 25 yards and stopped behind a tree for 10 minutes. No moving around, stood still, then finally took off on a slow, labored trot. My son's still talking to himself about it. He just can't believe it didn't go through. I'm trying to justify it by figuring the angle and the weight of the arrow broke the head at the screw and didn't properly deploy. No blood to speak of, just a little at the impact site, which means he'll live to see another day. We don't usually see deer that big in our area, so it's eating him up. C'est la vie.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

7F report. Went out yesterday afternoon, I almost laughed my ass off. Three bucks were running does all over the place but nothing I wanted to shoot at. They were a little too far as well. I know the big one I saw last year survived, he was 60 yards from my stand last year, I am hoping I get a shot at him this year.

My area is very active now and will be in the woods the afternoons after work as well as sun up to sun down this entire weekend.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of chasing going on in the Finger Lakes go get them gang
Old 11-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Default Nothing yet

Well so far its abought the same as last year as far as buck spottings .
Although I,m seeing a ton of doe and fawns.
There got to be a couple nice bucks cruising around.
Went out this morning , yee haa 20 degree , ice heavy frost and slight breeze .
Felt like a great day ,,Only seen a doe and fawn and a coydog..
Just put a canister of tinks out .
I just dont want to scare the does with it ..??
I,ve been out moring and evening since Oct, where the heck are they hiding ..
Old 11-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

Default finaly

Got a liitle spike last 2 days putting the chase on the doe .. LOL
Cant wait for his grandpa to show up...
Old 11-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

i havent seen much action these last 2 days but i saw chasing last week hope its not over in region 8
Old 11-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

I have been hunting northern & southern tier and I have yet to see a buck chasing a doe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.