Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
People in coeymans hollow ny are confused >

People in coeymans hollow ny are confused

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

People in coeymans hollow ny are confused

Old 10-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Spike

Angry People in coeymans hollow ny are confused

since opening day ive heard nothing but shotguns and muzzloaders goin off at 7 oclock in the morning . It just pisses me off nowing iam sitting in my stand with my bow and people are around me with guns...shooting deer. ...I called dec and they said do to the location their isnt much they can do about it because it is to far back in the woods and its not excessable bye a car.. UGH sorry about my rant..
Old 10-18-2010, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

How do you know theyre shooting deer? How do you know theyre not shooting at small game or waterfowl? Is there a pheasant preserve or trap range nearby? How do you know theres muzzleloaders going off? I cant tell the difference. I dont think too many poachers use muzzloaders anyway.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Spike

I was out opening morning with my gun....... looking for pheasant. Because I was alone and do not have a bird dog I never fired but I heard a few shots. It was a good day to be out.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:17 AM
Spike

I can tell when a slug hits a deer trust me. their is no where to pheasant hunt up here not where i hunt anyway. ive been shooting guns my whole life i know the differance between a muzzloader and a shotgun goin off. people around here dont care because they will shoot tham and tag them for up north where muzzloader is open already
Old 10-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default I here ya

Up here in Northern zone 2 weeks ago . on our bow opener , I had the same thing basicaly happen ,
But 1 guy or girl was just plain shooting there ass off , Like bang , bang, then, followed my mutipal bangs,,,
I alos have guys in the area that are either goose or duck hunting .
I no not there problem but still makes a big ruckes of noise and I,m there sitting quiet as a mouse,,
O,h well thats hunting,
Old 10-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Spike

When does turkey season open where you are?
Old 10-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

"why would they use a muzzleloader", because they think if they get caught they can lie about it say they shot it where muzzle is open. To say you cant tell the difference in the sound then you havent been hunting long enough, i could tell you when a Muzzle, shotgun, or a rifle is shot off, when i am hunting with a group of friends I can even tell which one shot most times not all by the larger calibers and loads some use.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hung4wheeler
I can tell when a slug hits a deer trust me. their is no where to pheasant hunt up here not where i hunt anyway. ive been shooting guns my whole life i know the differance between a muzzloader and a shotgun goin off. people around here dont care because they will shoot tham and tag them for up north where muzzloader is open already
interesting
Old 10-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mbruizer187
"why would they use a muzzleloader", because they think if they get caught they can lie about it say they shot it where muzzle is open. To say you cant tell the difference in the sound then you havent been hunting long enough, i could tell you when a Muzzle, shotgun, or a rifle is shot off, when i am hunting with a group of friends I can even tell which one shot most times not all by the larger calibers and loads some use.
Not all rifles, shotguns, and MLs, make the same sounds. Heavy charges of Black powder substitues sound just like centerfire rifles. I could see being able to tell a 300mag from a low brass target load at 100 yds, but theres no way you can tell the difference between a 30-06 and a turkey load, from a 1/2 mile away. Point is, unless you actually see a muzzleloader in someones hand, you cant be positive it isnt someone out there taking a single shot at a turkey with a shotgun.

Last edited by DeerandbearhoG; 10-21-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Ever think it might be someone shooting a gun on their own property to scare off the deer? Have had it happen to me before. In a stand near another persons property. Hear them say. "someone is hunting in that stand" Next thing you know they decide to target practice (safely with nothing coming my way) on thier property. When I get down to leave they seem to have gotten enough of the target pracitce. Some people just do not like what others are doing so they have to disrupte it one way or the other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.