Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Kind of off topic but weird sightings anyone? >

Kind of off topic but weird sightings anyone?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Kind of off topic but weird sightings anyone?

Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Spike

Default Kind of off topic but weird sightings anyone?

Just wondering if any of you guys have seen some weird or unexplainable stuff while out on the hunt, or if you have anything on trail cams or videos of just bizarre things. My neighbor by my cabin says he hears weird howls almost like a screaming that are clearly not coyote, and we have no elk in the area. He also said that something continually moves the rocks around his property on a steady basis. Now im not one to buy into anything that there is no proof of, but that's just plain weird.

Anyone else ever see or experience something like this?
Old 10-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Fisher Cats will scream like a cat or a rabbit being tortured to death. Pretty erie if you ask me. Could have something to do with breeding, don't know much about them myself. As far rocks being moved, they can't be all that big if something is moving them around. Most likely someone mess'n around with your neighbor cause they know it bothers him or maybe it's a BIGFOOT ....nah!
Old 10-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 7MMXBOLT
Fisher Cats will scream like a cat or a rabbit being tortured to death. Pretty erie if you ask me. Could have something to do with breeding, don't know much about them myself. As far rocks being moved, they can't be all that big if something is moving them around. Most likely someone mess'n around with your neighbor cause they know it bothers him or maybe it's a BIGFOOT ....nah!

im not implying bigfoot, but the rocks are large, he showed me theyre at least 30 pounds and to be honest where were located is in the middle of nowhere, at the end of a dead end with a mile long driveway that leads straight into the woods and most of the neighboring land is owned by the state so i would really doubt that a person would go into the woods to move rocks that are really of no significance in the first place.

He also said that the howling is deep, thats why he knows its not a yote and its not distress its a real deep, long, lonely howl.

Mind you this guy is close to if not 60 years old and has been farming and living up there his entire life and said he never heard this before. He actually called me to ask if i was up there because it was freaking him out.

i think im gonna set up some trail cams
Old 10-10-2010, 12:07 PM
Typical Buck

yeah i think you should too. let us know if you get anything on them. sounds like something weird is going on to me
Old 10-10-2010, 01:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Vermont_hunter
yeah i think you should too. let us know if you get anything on them. sounds like something weird is going on to me
i was thinking maybe its a bear that is moving things around trying to get ready for winter... but there are no atypical signs of bears in the immediate area.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by huntard
i was thinking maybe its a bear that is moving things around trying to get ready for winter... but there are no atypical signs of bears in the immediate area.
It sure sounds wierd to me as well.. Bears will not move the rocks around unless there is a lot of ants under them that he is after.. Then the place would be dug up and old logs ripped apart as well.. Quite honestly I have never heard a bear scream either even tho I live in an area that is quite populated with bears.. So I would put up that trail cam cause I think someone is messing with your friend..
Old 10-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bobcats will sometimes sound like a baby crying or screaming. Expecially late in the day when things in the woods quiet down. I heard one many years ago and it really makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
It sure sounds wierd to me as well.. Bears will not move the rocks around unless there is a lot of ants under them that he is after.. Then the place would be dug up and old logs ripped apart as well.. Quite honestly I have never heard a bear scream either even tho I live in an area that is quite populated with bears.. So I would put up that trail cam cause I think someone is messing with your friend..
i figured the same thing, just seems like whoever is doing that is real weird.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

are you sure he aint hittin the shine?
Old 10-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by oldshedhunter35
are you sure he aint hittin the shine?
Lmao ... my thoughts exactly but just for fun Im gonna go with the Bigfoot theory mentioned earlier.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.