Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
NY any rubs or scrapes yet? >

NY any rubs or scrapes yet?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY any rubs or scrapes yet?

Old 10-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default NY any rubs or scrapes yet?

Going upstate for the first time tomorrow, are you guys seeing any rubs or scrapes yet? ill let you know what i find tomorrow in my area.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:14 AM
Spike

How far upstate are u going? Albany area, not seeing any rubs or scrapes. I have only seen a few small rubs in a bucks bedding area that I stumbled accrossed
Old 10-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Spike

In the northwest Berkshires not too far from the NY state line there are plenty of rub lines and a few scrapes. I think things will break early this year.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm seeing plenty of rubs in Steuben County....Quite a few scrapes, also, but they are mostly the small pre-rut scrapes that always seem to appear about the beginning of October...

They are not serious yet, although it seems that there are always reports of bucks chasing does opening weekend of bow season, which is mid October here...
Old 10-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Spike

Albany area, east berne, we have scrapes! Not a ton but I stumbled across 3 on sunday doing some scouting.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Huntdeer25
How far upstate are u going? Albany area, not seeing any rubs or scrapes. I have only seen a few small rubs in a bucks bedding area that I stumbled accrossed
near Monticello, saw a ton of rubs and scrapes and great deer sign here
Old 10-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I often wonder if some confuse Turkey scratchings around tree's, and brush for scrapes. I've seen a ton of turkey scratchings, but no scrapes here in Northern Zone 6k. Only rubs I've seen are the small early season velvet rubs. Everything I'm reading is pointing towards a late, unpredictable rut this yr.. That we'll see some action heating up in late Oct. Then it'll die out early Nov. when it should be going pretty good. Then picks up again around 3rd wk Nov..
I personnally hope thats not true, and you never know what mother nature will bring. But thats just the info I've read.
So far all my sightings have been around food sources still. If you can find a Oak w/acorns or beech w/beechnuts I'd setup, as they seem scattered here in 6k, and deer have been working them.

Last edited by BuckAlley; 10-07-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default May be true ....

Your theory abought turkey scatching could be some what true ?
I ve never seen so many turkeys as I,ve seen this year .
I counted 37 turkeys in 2 groups yeasterday early afternoon .
I, way up in North Eastern NY , I havent seen or found any rubs or scrapes on my hnting lot yet ,
Although seams like up here they make there scrapes late in October ..
Last year was slow, both deer sightings and Buck sightings .
I never seen a buck chase a doe at all and I hunted 90% of the days of the entire season ..
Up here it was a abnormal year being so warm it realy slowed down the pase or everything happend at night fall ?
As far as this year the deer sighting are back to normal or above,,
Looks like it may be a much etter season, Just hoping for some cooler weather later this month ..
Those darn masquitos are bad......
Old 10-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also noticed in the woods today, the deer are pawing the ground up going after those little black cherries in the leaves. Seen a ton those little berries this yr.
My sightings are up this season as well, although I have yet to see a buck in the woods. Just doe & fawns. I took a doe last wknd, she was alone, and dry. No signs of any milk in her at all. I spoke to another hunter who also took a doe last wknd, and he claimed his doe was same exact way. That seemed kinda odd to me.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Spike

How about I watched a small buck chase a doe around my back yard for 10 mins. yesterday morning. I know it's hard to believe and it caught me off guard. Charles Alsheimer say's it early this year . I'm in wayne county.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.