Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Catskills anyone? >

Catskills anyone?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Catskills anyone?

Old 09-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Spike

Default Catskills anyone?

I have property in the Denver valley about 20 mins outside of Margretville. Anyone hunt around there at all?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

My fiance's uncle got some pics of bear on his trail cam. I might just have to make my way down there. I have an access permit to hunt the NYC water supply lands.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by PREDATE
My fiance's uncle got some pics of bear on his trail cam. I might just have to make my way down there. I have an access permit to hunt the NYC water supply lands.
Thats awesome, i basically just hunt on my property. I havent seen any bears ever, but i have seen plenty of droppings. And plenty of deer.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah I haven't seen any bear either, but have seen some tracks! I missed on both of my DMP choices this year.Oh well!! I can't complain,I still have 2 bow/muzz tags and 1 reg season tag that's plenty. I'll just have to try to put a big bear in the freezer too! I'm also interested in the thing you mentioned about burning some bacon/grease or meat for coyotes. Could you tell me more about it? Thanks'
Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Yeah I haven't seen any bear either, but have seen some tracks! I missed on both of my DMP choices this year.Oh well!! I can't complain,I still have 2 bow/muzz tags and 1 reg season tag that's plenty. I'll just have to try to put a big bear in the freezer too! I'm also interested in the thing you mentioned about burning some bacon/grease or meat for coyotes. Could you tell me more about it? Thanks'
well im actually leaving in like 20 mins to go up to my cabin until tuesday and im gonna try bacon and tuna as well at night. ill let u know what i did and how it works out.

Also two years ago i was buying ammo at rays on 28 and a guy drove up and had killed a giant black bear. he said he was out goin for deers and the bear rushed him so he had to. Was pretty intense that thing's paws are enormous and its claws are like the size of my index finger.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

huntard, if you need some help hunting that area, I'm available, and I have a bear tag!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

I hunt in 4G (west conesville) love the area some great hunting there
Old 10-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DDMPrecision
huntard, if you need some help hunting that area, I'm available, and I have a bear tag!
i might actually take you up on that. New york state also just bought the development rights to the neighboring 125 acres and they will never build anything on it, so it remains a state forest and lemme tell you, there are plenty of bears, coyotes and deer for everyone.