HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Northeast (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast-26/)
-   -   Crossbow hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/northeast/329372-crossbow-hunting.html)

c-rad 09-08-2010 11:33 PM

Crossbow hunting

Just wondering what people opinions are on crossbows. I am not a fan of them but just want to see what other people think.

Yankee Doodle 09-09-2010 04:56 AM

In my humble opinion, a bow, is a bow, is a bow. Anything that will get more folks in the field can only be good for hunting in general.
I cannot wrap my brain around all the infighting about crossbows and inline muzzleloaders. I think you should be able to use whatever you wish. However, I fully expect to be flamed over this response.

Sylvan 09-09-2010 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by c-rad (Post 3678721)
Just wondering what people opinions are on crossbows. I am not a fan of them but just want to see what other people think.

Not my cup of tea either, but if it makes you happy then I say have at it and enjoy.

maytom 09-09-2010 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle (Post 3678775)
In my humble opinion, a bow, is a bow, is a bow. Anything that will get more folks in the field can only be good for hunting in general.
I cannot wrap my brain around all the infighting about crossbows and inline muzzleloaders. I think you should be able to use whatever you wish.

My feelings exactly....

itsslow98 09-09-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle (Post 3678775)
I cannot wrap my brain around all the infighting about crossbows and inline muzzleloaders. I think you should be able to use whatever you wish. However, I fully expect to be flamed over this response.

Couldnt agree more. I do however think that people should not be as concerned about things like this and should be more concerned with hunters safety courses. I know the one i took in MD(online and a one day class) was a complete joke. I have common sense and know alot about hunting but i know for a fact there are a lot of worse things that can happen than people using crossbows.

sits in trees 09-10-2010 01:29 AM

it's just another weapon and has no real advantage over a vertical bow and should have full inclusion nationwide. set proper limitations on them, and put them into archery season and get more people into our sport and keep older archers in longer, what the hell is wrong with that?

worstcaster 09-10-2010 06:58 AM

I'm glad NY is allowing crossbows. I'm not going to rush out and buy one, but some older hunters can't pull back a vertical bow.

Fletch NY 09-10-2010 08:15 AM

I agree with Yankee. I think it is just selfish to think otherwise! um NYB!!

bowhunternut 09-10-2010 02:35 PM

anything to help the sport out. nothing wrong with that..

Sniggle 09-12-2010 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by sits in trees (Post 3679333)
it's just another weapon and has no real advantage over a vertical bow

That statement is some bullcrap. It has a significant advantage over a bow (trad or compound), and anyone who is not being a fanboy will acknowledge that. At least be honest when you argue for the inclusion of crossbows.