Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Crossbow hunting >

Crossbow hunting

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crossbow hunting

Old 10-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by sits in trees
come on dude this sounds like a fairytale! you gotta stop with this stuff already man?
Sounds a bit to selfish to me. Perhaps instead of hunting fifty yards from the car you should venture further into the woods and get away from the lazy hunters.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:27 PM
bigcountry

IMO, its horrible for the sport. Horrible for archery, horrible for the heritage, easy way for gunhunters to enter the bow season with out the hard work some of us take to be proficient.

Old 10-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sits in trees
come on dude this sounds like a fairytale! you gotta stop with this stuff already man?
no fairy tale but you are right,i should not single out a certain state as having these goof balls but the ones i see are from new jersey and i dont seem to see any other hunters from other states.
i used to work in newark ,nj years ago.but their way hunting is not very sportsmanlike at all.i had 2 nj hunters EVEN tell me they are like this.
so, its not all but even they agreed , ITS A LOT OF THEM.
they want that meat and will get it at any cost.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle
In my humble opinion, a bow, is a bow, is a bow. Anything that will get more folks in the field can only be good for hunting in general.
I cannot wrap my brain around all the infighting about crossbows and inline muzzleloaders. I think you should be able to use whatever you wish. However, I fully expect to be flamed over this response.
This Quote is from a true sportsman! This guy cares about the overall sport and heritage of hunting. Im glad to see that theres still people out here on these message boards that are capable of posting thoughts for the better of the sport and not just a tri-axle load of BS about how the world is coming to an end because of a x-bow
Old 10-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
no fairy tale but you are right,i should not single out a certain state as having these goof balls but the ones i see are from new jersey and i dont seem to see any other hunters from other states.
i used to work in newark ,nj years ago.but their way hunting is not very sportsmanlike at all.i had 2 nj hunters EVEN tell me they are like this.
so, its not all but even they agreed , ITS A LOT OF THEM.
they want that meat and will get it at any cost.
yea you can't really single out a certain state and you can't really single out a certain group of hunters, having a bow stamp and calling one's self a bowhunter doesn't keep them from being a member of the goof ball club. this feeling that bowhunters have about being high and above any other group of hunters is pure nonsense. i have seen some pretty low down stuff being preformed by the highly exahlted bowhunter here in NY.
example, i saw a women walk into the Gander archery shop the day before opening day last season and she was picking up her husbands bow and asked the counter kid this question, my husband wanted me to ask if his bow is all tuned and ready to hunt with tomorrow?????????????????
Old 10-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

I live in Vermont where a special permit is needed for a crossbow. I have had a permit for the last 10 years. I miss my compound but without a crossbow I would be all done archery hunting. Do I get more deer with my crossbow, NO! Do I have an advantage over my compound,YES, my accuracy is much better so I can definiately hit what I aim at. Can I take 50-60 yard shots, yes I can from a bench. Will I take a 50-60 yard shot at a deer, NO! I limit my crossbow shots at deer to no more than 35 yards max. Even with a crossbow a deer can and will jump the arrow. I have had them do it even at 25 yards. Should everyone be allowed to use crossbows? That should be up to the state you live in and the individuals involved. Do I object to them, of course not, I use one.
Should you guys continue to argue on this forum about them, NO! Not worth the effort and all it does is make enemies of each other.

Have a good day and be safe out there.