Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Crossbow hunting >

Crossbow hunting

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crossbow hunting

Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crossbow hunting

Just wondering what people opinions are on crossbows. I am not a fan of them but just want to see what other people think.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:56 AM
Spike

In my humble opinion, a bow, is a bow, is a bow. Anything that will get more folks in the field can only be good for hunting in general.
I cannot wrap my brain around all the infighting about crossbows and inline muzzleloaders. I think you should be able to use whatever you wish. However, I fully expect to be flamed over this response.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by c-rad
Just wondering what people opinions are on crossbows. I am not a fan of them but just want to see what other people think.
Not my cup of tea either, but if it makes you happy then I say have at it and enjoy.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle
In my humble opinion, a bow, is a bow, is a bow. Anything that will get more folks in the field can only be good for hunting in general.
I cannot wrap my brain around all the infighting about crossbows and inline muzzleloaders. I think you should be able to use whatever you wish.
My feelings exactly....
Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Yankee Doodle
I cannot wrap my brain around all the infighting about crossbows and inline muzzleloaders. I think you should be able to use whatever you wish. However, I fully expect to be flamed over this response.
Couldnt agree more. I do however think that people should not be as concerned about things like this and should be more concerned with hunters safety courses. I know the one i took in MD(online and a one day class) was a complete joke. I have common sense and know alot about hunting but i know for a fact there are a lot of worse things that can happen than people using crossbows.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Fork Horn

it's just another weapon and has no real advantage over a vertical bow and should have full inclusion nationwide. set proper limitations on them, and put them into archery season and get more people into our sport and keep older archers in longer, what the hell is wrong with that?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Spike

I'm glad NY is allowing crossbows. I'm not going to rush out and buy one, but some older hunters can't pull back a vertical bow.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with Yankee. I think it is just selfish to think otherwise! um NYB!!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:35 PM
Spike

anything to help the sport out. nothing wrong with that..
Old 09-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sits in trees
it's just another weapon and has no real advantage over a vertical bow
That statement is some bullcrap. It has a significant advantage over a bow (trad or compound), and anyone who is not being a fanboy will acknowledge that. At least be honest when you argue for the inclusion of crossbows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.