Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Who's Ready For NY Season To Start? >

Who's Ready For NY Season To Start?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who's Ready For NY Season To Start?

Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Spike

Yeah, it rained out 1/2 my weekend. I was able to cut a nice trail with my brother, and found some nice stand locations.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

just got back from a little scouting trip in wv,,still trying to get my eyes back in my head
saw one buck ten feet from the road huge...unreal...ten minute car ride we saw 27 deer.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default Mosquitoes

Anyone have mosquitoes besides me ?
Holly crap there bad now .
Seams as though the rain we got a week ago and the rain over the weekend let them multipy like crazy.
I tried checking and changing one of my cameras today and there must have been 100 of those suckers just around my legs ..
Man there bad ...
Old 08-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MJR10
Got my eye on a few in steuben county....
Hunt steuben County every year over near Hammondsport off of Pleasant Valley Rd. and on Mt. Washington near the winding stairs on the State land. Have taken some real fine deer over the years that way.

Also hunt the Northern Zone "Adirondacks" in Franklin by Union Falls Pond off of Rt 48. Usually for the last two days of the early archery, then the first week of the ML season. Seen some of the biggest deer in my life over that way. Well over 300 lbs and 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 years old. Good job NY!!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been hunting Steuben since 1966.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Ready here. Got both doe permits in 7F so hopefully will fill the freezer quickly so I can target on a nice buck we have on a trail camera. Be safe and good shooting to all.

Still looking for a hunting partner in central NY, Utica, Rochester...

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-02-2010 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Spike

I've seen a lot of does around the DEP land that I hunt in Westchester, I haven't been to the private land I hunt near Yorktown Heights, by Turkey Mountain. My dad made it out there landowner was seeing a lot of does. The big boys don't come out until rut anyway. Drew on a big 5x5 last year but he was in full sprint. My dad took two nice does, he hit a pearly white nice 4x4 but he ran on to private property and we couldn't get permission to track.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Can't wait to get in the woods here in St. Lawrence County!! only about a half hour from canada :P
Old 09-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm heading into the St. Regis waters this weekend, scouting for firewood, etc. Can't wait til first of three hunts begins Oct25-Nov 1.. Til then, lots of steelhead/salmon fishing, then the BIG browns.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Oh, yeah....the air is getting that delicious fall crispness...apples are ripe...and so are the deer!
Came back from Gander this evening, saw a whole GAGGLE of deer, a couple small bucks in the mix...no monsters though...munching on the hayfield down the road.
Time to get permission to pop a couple does early from that nice farmer!
Mmmmmm....venison speidis!

Hope to get my first NY deer with the bow this year!
Been practicing like a champ to the 50 yard line, and everything in between!
WOOHOO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.