Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Who's Ready For NY Season To Start? >

Who's Ready For NY Season To Start?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who's Ready For NY Season To Start?

Old 08-17-2010, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mt.man, I no longer Salmon Fish. The big crowds of fisherman, surrounding holes isn't what I call all that relaxing. I used to go all the time until I ran into some really rude guys. I'd much rather grab a fly rod, and go hit a stream for brookies, or take out a canoe after some bass. Fisherman have also invaded some of my favorite hunting spots by attempting to gain access in areas less fished. So it puts more of a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Spike

New York Resident Licenses became available yesterday. Looking forward to opening day. We saw a lot of action in WMU 6R last year. Hopefully we are not overrun with coyotes this time around. Saw quite a few last season with a few stripped deer carcasses found in the spring.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

I have been ready
Old 08-18-2010, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been shooting a ton w/my bow. Preparing for a Colorado archery Elk hunt in couple wks. It'll be my 3rd trip to the Mtn hunting region. Been running, and biking. Grabbing the bow soon as finish exercise, and shooting in awkward situations back to 40yds. Having my boys hide a 3d target in woods, and telling me to hurry, get behind that tree quickly. Then shooting. Everything I can think of for tough hunting situations get into after those Elk.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Got my eye on a few in steuben county....
Attached Thumbnails Who's Ready For NY Season To Start?-copy-im000166.jpg   Who's Ready For NY Season To Start?-copy-im000126.jpg  
Old 08-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm hoping to get up to my sister & brother-in-law's farm up in Madison Co. (7M) this coming season. 125 acre farm all to myself - woo hoo!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Spike

I can't wait. Going up to my property this weekend to check on things, scout out tree stand spots, and cut some very needed trailed into the back of our property. I have some great trail cam pics, but I can't wait till this weekend to check them. Its been a solid 3 weeks or so since with pulled the SD cards, and we have the trail cams on two small fields we cut a few months back. Also bringing up my ATV to the new property for the first time, can't wait to explore!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default I cant wait either.....

Ived had my cameras up since last year . Ive been changing the cards and rechargable batteries abought every 2 to 3 weeks .
I got some nice pics , mother and fawn pics and a decent 6 pointer that I started getting pic,s of in the spring , then he disappeared and reappeared .I cant wait I,m sure theres many I havent got on pics,
Although overall I,d say in my main hunting area in Norther NY. its been a slight decrease in deer sightings the last 2 seasons..
I received my lifetime license on monday , then wednesday went to Gander and got my 8T Stueben county doe tag .
There are some very nice bucks there also just last year was a bad year for us as far as deer sightings there also ...
Old 08-22-2010, 02:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah it's in full force hunting mode now. I can't believe I just paid $98 for a license though. Been shooting a lot, got all my stand locations set. Just about ready to roll.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:40 AM
Spike

We are getting some much needed rain. Grow foodplot grow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.