Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Great Lakes Party Boats >

Great Lakes Party Boats

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Great Lakes Party Boats

Old 07-24-2010, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Great Lakes Party Boats

I want to take my son fishing on the Great Lakes. Are there any party boats on Lake Erie or Ontario? We're in eastern PA so Ohio is a little bit of a drive (7 hours) but we'd do it if need be. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scott... I know that there is at least one party boat out of Erie Pa. that specializes in perch fishing..There are also many charter boats that fish for walleyes, bass and salmoniods..

Check on the forums on www.fisherie.com.

Good luck...
Old 07-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. Is it the Edward John? I saw one when I was searching the net. Do these guys do walleye trips or just perch? We have a lake behind our cabin and catch about 100 perch a weekend so I kind of wanted to change it up
Old 07-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the Edward John does just perch.. It would be difficult to do walleye with a party boat setup, because the main methods for walleye involve trolling or drifting with fairly long lines..

I would recommend doing a charter for walleyes or salmoniods..Often 6 person charters are not full and they will take singles or doubles to fill up a boat.. You may even find find charters that cater to smaller groups, or father/son combos..
Old 07-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are also lots of charters available in NY on Lake Ontario from places like Oswego, Sodus, and Oak Orchard, among others.. Most of them run for trout and salmon but I'm sure there are some walleye and bass charters also, if that is your preference..

If you are in Eastern PA they might be closer for you than Lake Erie...

Even closer might be a Finger Lakes charter on Cayuga, Seneca, Keuka, or one of the other Finger Lakes.. There is a fellow named John Galke who lives I believe in Trumansburg, NY and comes highly recommended.. He specializes in 1-3 man charters.. You could probably google him up.

Good luck..

Hope this helps...
Old 07-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a relative that does charters out of Mentor, OH. I know it's a drive...like you said...but they catch fish. Mentor is about 45 minutes east of Cleveland.

Jonathan Hilstrand from Deadliest Catch just fished with them this past week.

They fish for anything...but walleye is their specialty. They have a trolling setup that is hard to beat. It's fishful thinking charters. They have a website.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. I'll check them out.